NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temperature was around 80-85 degrees and humidity was around 75%. This was done in South Florida. All I have is Injen CAI, no resonator, and an Apex'I N1 turbo canister. I had 225/50-16 tires on.

On the 1st pull in 4th gear I put down 178.3hp and 125.3tq.
2nd pull in 4th gear I put down 177.4hp and 124.4tq.
3rd pull I decided to do in 3rd gear, but I had a lot of heat soak by then, I put down 176.1 and 122.8tq.

The A/F on those runs in order were 12.9, 12.9, and 12.7.

I'll have the slip scanned by tommorow hopefully.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
nice! very similar setup to mine when I dynoed, except i had the apexi n1 axleback... which yielded me 172 hp, 121 torque.

so hopefully when i get my custom exhaust on it will boost me up to around your level!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Got Dynoed Again

GTSnut said:
Wow that is really good. I dunno what we're doing wrong then. I have the exact same mods, but with cat, and I ran last night and only pulled 162.9 hp
I still have the cat. I'm thinking about cutting it off, but I don't want to chance anything being hurt.:-/

It was a 14.4 with the 02' rev-limiter. ;)

I went to the track Friday and a 14.931 @ 97.8mph with a 2.369 60' was my best time. I've gotten faster than I was with the old 7800 limiter, but I can't get the same 60's as before because of the new tires. Not to mention that it was in the low 70's when I ran a 14.4 and its in the mid 80's now. Damn muggy Flroida. :(

·
Registered
415 Posts
Goes a long way to show the variations between cars and dynos (and dyno shops), and the temperature and humidity when the dyno was run.

It also highlights the need for more information...My car, which is stock except for a K&N panel filter, for instance put down 158.7 on a Dynojet 248 at an indoor facility where temperature was 62.8 degrees, barametric pressure was 28.8 and vapor pressure was .12. The correction factor used was 1.01 SAE. Given ALL of that information there is some chance of comparing a car in Houston or Miami with one in Cleveland or San Francisco. I'm pretty sure I couldn't make the comparison but without all the information it's pretty just a number being thrown out. Correction factors can vary wildly for instance which will throw results fairly dramatically one way or the other. For the most part dyno runs do a good job of pointing out the gains a new part provides, as long as the dyno is done same day, but IMO do little to provide a good comparison between cars.

I'm not saying that the number isn't impressive, backed up by the times at the track it sounds like it could well be a freak car with an extra kick compared to the average, just that the pure number comparison may not be too useful. By those comparisons my stock car is only 4 or 5 HP lower than many of you who have CAIs and exhausts.

Side note, my dyno never saw A/F under 14.0, which I, and the dyno operator, feel shows a slight lean condition. Is a 12.X more typical for what people see? Hardly anyone gives their A\F ratio when posting dyno numbers so I don't know what a typical 2ZZ sees.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
i put out 170, 171, and 172 in 4th gear. put down 173, 174 in 3rd.
i started out with 170 and got up to 174 in the end which was weird because thats 4 hp difference.
i have 3rd gen injen cai, tananbe racing medalion,(at the time) blitz active clutch with lightened flywheel, was on my 17's with 215 40 zr 17 tires. the only different thing i have now is the toms flywheel which is 3 pounds lighter than the blitz and act street clutch.
i want the trial header.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Phil C said:
Goes a long way to show the variations between cars and dynos (and dyno shops), and the temperature and humidity when the dyno was run.

It also highlights the need for more information...My car, which is stock except for a K&N panel filter, for instance put down 158.7 on a Dynojet 248 at an indoor facility where temperature was 62.8 degrees, barametric pressure was 28.8 and vapor pressure was .12. The correction factor used was 1.01 SAE. Given ALL of that information there is some chance of comparing a car in Houston or Miami with one in Cleveland or San Francisco. I'm pretty sure I couldn't make the comparison but without all the information it's pretty just a number being thrown out. Correction factors can vary wildly for instance which will throw results fairly dramatically one way or the other. For the most part dyno runs do a good job of pointing out the gains a new part provides, as long as the dyno is done same day, but IMO do little to provide a good comparison between cars.

I'm not saying that the number isn't impressive, backed up by the times at the track it sounds like it could well be a freak car with an extra kick compared to the average, just that the pure number comparison may not be too useful. By those comparisons my stock car is only 4 or 5 HP lower than many of you who have CAIs and exhausts.

Side note, my dyno never saw A/F under 14.0, which I, and the dyno operator, feel shows a slight lean condition. Is a 12.X more typical for what people see? Hardly anyone gives their A\F ratio when posting dyno numbers so I don't know what a typical 2ZZ sees.
I wonder if you might not have a lil oil coating your MAF wires if your running lean like that. May want to check your grams per second reading versus a known good celica (un modified / low miles) at some set points with similar laod (ac off etc) and see what you get.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since I don't have access to a scanner right now I did the next best thing possible. I took a picture of it. It's not as detailed as I wish I could give you guys right now, but it'll do for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts