NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much searching and decision making...i ended up going with the GT35R duel ball bearing...look how much bigger than the super 60 it is...SWEET!!!!




 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,696 Posts
red x's. Bad bad Smaay :p
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,696 Posts
Smaay, may I ask you how much boost you are planning to run and who selected the turbo for you? Seems a little big to me.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,344 Posts
GT35R is a beautiful turbo, good luck spooling it with a 1.8L engine. I would have thought you would have gone more along the GT30R route. My roommate is having a 3SGTE built with a GT30R that should be making 425 to the wheels.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,111 Posts
Originally posted by Jesse IL
GT35R is a beautiful turbo, good luck spooling it with a 1.8L engine. I would have thought you would have gone more along the GT30R route. My roommate is having a 3SGTE built with a GT30R that should be making 425 to the wheels.
I have GT30R on my MR2 and its a biatch with the turbo lag, but once it kicks in damn!!
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who said i have a 1.8L :nono: he he he..ill never tell my secrets..i plan on running over 20psi and i picked it out...the GT30R would run out on the big end....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Smaay said:
who said i have a 1.8L :nono: he he he..ill never tell my secrets..i plan on running over 20psi and i picked it out...the GT30R would run out on the big end....
I thought it was common knowledge that you were stroking? I was reading about it a few posts back.

BTW, nice selection. You'll love the dual BB.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
I can't wait to see this project get wrapped up and dynoed!!!!!!
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by mtskibum16
I can't wait to see this project get wrapped up and dynoed!!!!!!
you're telling me!!! my celica has been down for a year now...its so fustrating looking at in on jack stands...anyways...i think i have spent around 13000 on the car, not counting the price of it...that fvcking XS kit cost me 6000 by itself....but luckily i picked up Stafford, ACT, MWR, and a few other sponsors and they have helped out alot...big thanks to MWR for putting in the time and research on the motor...

Originally posted by aerospike2002
I thought it was common knowledge that you were stroking? I was reading about it a few posts back.

BTW, nice selection. You'll love the dual BB.
ha ha ha, he said stroking :) i forgot i let that out....i actually have 2 built motors now..the 1.8L and the stroker...its not quite finished yet so im going to go ahead and install the 1.8L and see what it puts out...i still need the other head P&P so i have some time....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by Smaay

ha ha ha, he said stroking :) i forgot i let that out....i actually have 2 built motors now..the 1.8L and the stroker...its not quite finished yet so im going to go ahead and install the 1.8L and see what it puts out...i still need the other head P&P so i have some time....
After you put the stroker one in, feel free to send me the built 1.8L:gap: lol
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by MISTER 2
The block and tranny for the 2ZZ can not handle the 450-600 hp the GT35R turbo is designed for.
where have you been? i dont have a stock block or tranny...i have a compleatly built C2gas tranny and sleeved block with lower compression pistons, and rods...there is not one thing stock about my setup except the shells
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,551 Posts
Smaay said:
where have you been? i dont have a stock block or tranny...i have a compleatly built C2gas tranny and sleeved block with lower compression pistons, and rods...there is not one thing stock about my setup except the shells
:werd:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
4,937 Posts
Originally posted by Smaay
where have you been? i dont have a stock block or tranny...i have a compleatly built C2gas tranny and sleeved block with lower compression pistons, and rods...there is not one thing stock about my setup except the shells
What type of power are you going to try to put down? ...and where do you plan to set your revlimiter?
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top