NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Wow, I've never seen the Octane front with a Veilside shaped upper grill before...did you have that done or is it just a variation that I wasn't aware of? Who did you get your kit from out of curiosity? Not a fan of the BC sides and rear - they remind me of cheese graters - but the front looks really nice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front is made by VIS and the quality and fit was pretty good, as for the sides/rear they were made by TCS (TC Spoilers) and the fit and quality is just horible. Don't ever buy anything made by these guys, their stuff is just pure garbage. It was all cracked when i got it and I had to dish out more money to get it to fit. But anyways, the sides came out quite good molded onto the car.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I'm getting my octane front installed and painted next week. Let me ask you...did you have to take off your front bumper support for the front to fit or did you cut the backs of the vents on the front of the bumper? Bill and I fitted it the other day but had to take off the front bumper support for it to fit. I was just going to cut the bumper. What did you do?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean the styrofoam? I think the only thing that had to be done with my bumper was drilling the holes and then bolting afew brackets onto the bumper.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
PhatCellyGT said:
did you have to take off your front bumper support for the front to fit or did you cut the backs of the vents on the front of the bumper? Bill and I fitted it the other day but had to take off the front bumper support for it to fit. I was just going to cut the bumper. What did you do?
When I had the Octane front, I had to remove the metal bumper crash bar, too. I considered trimming it, but in the end decided to just sell the bumper alltogether.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I love that front end, and the sides look pretty good molded. I have never liked that back but it still looks ok. Nice work.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Looks good.

Need some rims now!!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You should've gotten rims first. Especially with GT stock rims, I think any car with a body kit is :gay: . BTW, it seems as though the lines of the bumper and the front fenders don't math flush. There's more gap towards the back then the front. Well I'm being picky about fitment, that's why I have the TRD. Also the back bumper seems to have too much of a gap between the bumper and the bottom of the trunk.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks pretty good. I like the Octane front. The sides and rear are kinda... "not my taste" and you DESPERATELY need rims. That and you have swirls ;)

How'd you do the Veilside center nose thingie? It looks pretty cool.

~Jeron

1 - 20 of 25 Posts