NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey bros i was wondering if anyone here has been stop by cops for having hids?i can imagine that cops would stop celicas with hids.if they did stop anyone here ,what hids did you have?i just want to know whats legal so that i dont waste my money on hids and then having to remove them froms cops that just want to mess with my car.im thinking of 6000ks,or 7500ks.thanks for any info.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
been ticketed once, and it was a mandatory court appearance. The fine ended up being only $20.

The 7000k lights I have look nice, but if I could do it over again I'd get something in the 4200-4500k range. Less hassles and more function.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i agree the fu*king cops should leave us alone .when i drive by them they just stare at me ,like they want to find something to stop me for.but im just worried that with hids they will actually have a reason to stop me,to make me remove it.that would really suck and a big waste of money too.im still looking into the 7500ks .

·
Registered
301 Posts
ive been pulled over one time for my stock HIDs and he thought i had my brights on. the rear of the car is lowered a little more than the front and i have the height set all the way up so yeah i guess i do blind people a little. he thought i had my brights on so i turned on my brights and he walked to the front of the car and said "yeah those are your brights" lol. after he learned that they were stock he said sorry his mistake and told me to be careful.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey spitfire were they really stock hids?are they white or blue?and do you know if they are 4000k,4500k,5000k.6000k,7500k,8000k or 9000ks?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts