NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn cops. Its the second time and it was the same cop. The first time he was unsure about the laws regarding the sidemarkers so he let me go. This time he let me go again, but told me to change them b/c he looked it up and said that i can't have it. The bulbs on mine are white, not blue or red so there's nothing illegal as far as i knew about the side markers. I'm in michigan btw, north of detroit. Where do i go to look for the laws on lighting on motor vehicles so i can be knowledged next time he stops me.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
hmmmm well heres wat u do, if he stops u again, persoanlly i would tell him to **** offf lol. that **** pisses me off. damn cops ahve nothing better to do than pull ya over for a clear sidemarker. ass holes. BTw- they are only ilegal when u havea clear bulb in, i have clear bulbs in mine, and clear bulbs in th front turn signal, (looks blue during the day) and i h avent had probs, just the cops in ur area and ****, say u bought the car like that, or somehting, but since he got u already, i dunno wat to tell ya but take it to court or somehting over that stupid is just plain gay......peace.

·
Registered
572 Posts
yea, I thought if it blinks it has to be amber. If not, it can be white? Correct me, if wrong. But, then again I'm in california so this may be wrong in your case.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Some people always get picked on by cops, others can have a bunch of illegal crap and never get caught.

A good friend of mine drives a 2001 altima, and hes hispanic, he gets pulled over atleast once every couple months and has got tickets for the smallest crap like window tint.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
i'm white and i get pulled over every couple months for stupid **** too whats your point? Sure we can make an argument for racial profiling but come on

If you got something that is not up to the Law's standards sooner or later your going to get nailed on it some more than others.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
just put in orange turn signals, orange side markers.....if you put in white intentionally....dont complain about the cops pulling you over....you put them in in the first place..

also...if tint or colors of bulbs are a problem...or an issue....just stick w/ what you know IS legal....so you don't have to deal w/ cops etc etc...

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
:werd:

Did you guys know that if you don't have a specific sized trash bag in your car, you can be cited for a $75 dollar ticket?

Yepz..go look it up....it's for litter control. Think it's BS? There's a TON of traffic, vehicle, and safety codes, ANY cop could write you up.

I think it's funny that people that have stock rides without the "show" never get hassled.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
exactomundo! just don't be ricey with the white bulbs and the blue turn signals.....save ur money and get something worth while like engine mods or major appearance mods like a kit, or drop it, or something thats more of a real mod....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here in KY you cannot have any color besides red (on the rear cannot be in the front) or amber. But to be honest the cops around the area I live dont really care, as long as its not blue. But I have a feeling the cops are gonna crack down because there was a pretty nasty street racing accident Friday night. (A SS Camaro slammed into a concrete wall while racing a 300zx.)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.