NewCelica.org Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Well...I might as well post a follow-up since my last post before this thread was resurrected...

Hmmm...for nearly a year I have had APC frosted clear corners with amber bulbs. I have had countless CHP officers roll up beside me (on motorcycle and by car) at night and never once have they questioned me about them. On the other hand, I've been screwed over in the daytime. I'm risking a $10 fix it ticket whenever I'm out in the day, because you DO have to have amber-reflecting side markers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Where I live, clear corners (amber bulb or not) are a cop magnet.
dude u live in Germantown- Germany is the country of laws, laws...anyway-the european celica does not have side markers at all!! the's just a clear additional turnsignal in the fender right behind the wheel! that's it

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
alphasubzero949 said:
Well...I might as well post a follow-up since my last post before this thread was resurrected...

Hmmm...for nearly a year I have had APC frosted clear corners with amber bulbs. I have had countless CHP officers roll up beside me (on motorcycle and by car) at night and never once have they questioned me about them. On the other hand, I've been screwed over in the daytime. I'm risking a $10 fix it ticket whenever I'm out in the day, because you DO have to have amber-reflecting side markers.
i dont know about all that...i see a TON of cars that have no side markers at all......

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
FloWin_Celica said:
dude u live in Germantown- Germany is the country of laws, laws...anyway-the european celica does not have side markers at all!! the's just a clear additional turnsignal in the fender right behind the wheel! that's it
My car is converted to look exactly like this. There are no corner markers (the ones on the bumper). Instead, I have European Toyota side markers installed.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Da Kine Guy said:
Gotta be amber. At least in CA that's the way I read it when I did a search on the government site. Philips makes a bulb "Silver Something" that looks silver but glows orange. Might wanna try that to keep the clear look and not mess it up with reflective orange in there. I was thinking about doing that to the Celi turn signals when I had it, don't have much of a choice now :D
Actually, this particular bulb and concept was the topic of heavy conversation on a (believe it or not) RAV4 performance message board. What people were doing with their clear corners, instead of paying for the Philips silver bulbs (which as I understood were outrageous) is to take a high-temp silver spraypaint, and paint their amber bulbs with them. Apparently the amber will glow through the silver well enough, but during the day they look perfectly clear. However, the legality of these was never addressed, but I guess that it DID work...

·
Banned
726 Posts
stupid cops will pull you over for anything they don't like or recognize.

For example:
One of my guy was riding in his IS300 and a stupid @ss cop pulled him over for the euro lights that came stock with the car. Now, that's hella stupid!

Now what my guy said was hella funny...he said, "Man, how in the world did you get hired as a cop. You're hella igorant. Seems to me you don't even know what's legal and illegal. You like my lights? i'm sure there are some for your cop car too".

Cop got hella mad...and told us to shut up or he'll ticket us for insulting a police officer. WTF?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.