NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i got a ticket on the rockville pike because of no front plate, probably i will fix it and go to court cuz i dont want to get my insurance goes up because of a front plate .

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
You got a ticket?! I thought they usually give warnings or fix-it tickets. You should have shown more leg! :chuckles:

mei*

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not a chick , if i show leg , he could scare and go inside the trunk i believe :)

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Originally posted by aykut
i am not a chick , if i show leg , he could scare and go inside the trunk i believe :)
At least you'd get out of the ticket! :p:

mei*

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he told me to take a pic after i put it on my front bumper and show it at the court, hopefully it will dismissed and my insurance wont go up :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
haha yea i got couples of those.....just do what he said and u will be fine.....it also doenst affect of DMV points so i dunno if that gonna affect ur insurance or not....make sure u take side views and front view and develop it cuz some guy actually use his Digital camera n the judge didnt bother looking at it....but it prob will be drop but if u go to court n the judge is not lettin nobody of the hook then pray.....all of my tix got dropped:)

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
no-front license plate tickets don't count for points, therefore no insurance problems, I know...I got one.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Front license plates....This would be a case for DE>MD>VA. :) I enjoy my DE registration.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have been driving almost 1 year without front plate , and the lucky day was yesterday and i caught by an officer :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I get pulled over at least once every two weeks for it.. i just show the officer my hospital ID badge and they let me go w/o saying anything else.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was pulled over Saturday morning at 12:30 for not having any lights eluminating my back plate. I was on the phone with my sister's bf, an attorney, and set the phone down so he could listen to the whole conversation. I got off with a warning. :wiggle: Then the officer asked me if I had ever been pulled over before? :wtf: I replied, "Hasn't everyone?" He thought that was funny and we parted ways.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
show the pictures of what? your car NOW with the plates on it? The judge will laugh at you and make you pay the fine plus court fees.

What are you hoping court will do for you?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the officer told me to take the pics of the front plate when i put it back on the bumper and show it on the court but only thing , i worry is about the insurance. Just to wanna make sure if i pay the fine, it wont go up right , and where i am gonna pay it ?

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by schlegelbagel
your insurance will not go up, only for a moving violation. There should be an address on the ticket for where to pay your fine.
You only get points for moving violations. There should be an address on the ticket on where to send payments.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts