NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
There are very few people who know but I am one of them, send me your car, 473$ dollars and I'll take the governer off your car

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
There is no speed limiter bro - you simply hit a point where the car no longer makes enough power to overcome the rolling resistance and wind resistance.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Sorry About that first post just trying to get a parts car. I've had the celica up to around 130 but its not a stable or fast car what so ever. My advice go buy a faster and heavier car if your going to be driving those speeds, and if your going to be driving those speeds you could write me into your will. At some point you realize speed really isnt all that fun. I hope you realize that befor you get pulled over or crash.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
ZaneMan said:
There are very few people who know but I am one of them, send me your car, 473$ dollars and I'll take the governer off your car
LMAO

And parts car? :wtf: Are implying stealing parts off the kids car and taking his 4xxx$ or something? :chuckles:

The car tops off at 120 cause you have an auto gt :chuckles:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im not sure about how the celica is, but my base vibe which would be a celica gt just stops at about 115mph-118mph. there is a limiter you can feel the car just stop going. Greddy makes the Greddy speed cut controller that will take it off, some one on matrix owners already has done it :)

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Celicas do not have a governor...
Gt typically stops at 130 and gt-s around 140 ive heard as high as 145..
Theirs just not enough power to push the car any faster...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I was not implying that the heavier the car the better it can handle high speeds. I was more refering to the weight of the car playing a part on the down force one needs to have any sort of handling at 130 plus miles an hour. My old VR-4 seemed to handle much better at 130 mph then the celica, I attribute it to the front and rear speed adjusting spoilers and the shear weight of the car, the celica just feels like driving a tin can after 100 miles an hour, so I've stopped doing that.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Really, unless you street race, which is hella dangerous by the way, its pointless.

And the Celica is very light compared to most cars. You WILL lose control with little things at that speed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts