NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup... just did the Auto GT-S to Manual GT-S Trade-Up. Well I actually didn't trade in my car. Even better my mom bought the car from me. I was going to trade it in because I had some equity on it but my mom wouldn't let me and told me that she has always liked my car and she didn't want it going to anyone else. I couldn't believe it worked out this well. To top it off I got a very good deal. Here are the details:

2003 Celica GT-S 6speed
Solar Yellow - 576
Leather Seats
Sun Roof
ABS Brakes

$25,220 but dealer price was $28,419
I bought it for $23,109 which is $400 over dealer invoice price. It ended up being $25,036 with tax and fees. I got it cheap because I contacted the Bob Corson (Fleet Manager at Frontier Toyota in Valencia, CA) and told him exactly what I wanted and he gave me a great deal. No haggling with this guy... just gave a great price right up front, well over the phone. When I got there we got right to doing the paper work and he even threw in the Tint because he didn't included it in the quote he gave me over the phone. Over all I'm very happy. I will be moving all my mods to the new car in the next few days.

This car is gonna look great with my CF hood and my Kaminari Kit and CF race wing. Pictures are below go to my "Garage" folder to see the pics. I will take more tomorrow.

Click here then go to "Garage" folder

Richard

·
Registered
896 Posts
congrats. solar yellow looks great. I did't know they sold that color without the action package...

·
Registered
896 Posts
ohh are you going to part your mom's celica? or is your mom a baller like in the boost mobile commercials.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly... I love my Spec Blue still. But the yellow is my second choice. Plus no one else has it in town. I'll keep it yellow until there are at least 4 other yellow ones here, then I'll do a custom paint on it. The yellow is slowly growin on me anyways.

As for my car old car... every single aftermarket part on it will be transfered to the new one.

Richard

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice, I just recently bought my 03 Black GTS with everything you can get but the Action Package. I sold my Alero for a Black 99 Extended Cab Prerunner Tacoma and 4g's. So that's what I use as my daily driver. The Celica is strictly for show :D

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
25k out the door a cheap price? wow... i just got a 2003 wrx out the door for less than 24k! I am sorry dude but you paid way too much.... Well you didn't, but you get the idea....

Have fun though

·
Registered
549 Posts
Law a lot of people really do not like the body of a WRX. Personally I think their pretty ugly and would ever get the plain old WRX. If I could afford an STI that would be one thing as thats just to much power and speed to pass up on but overall I really find the body style of a wrx very ugly. Celica on the other hand is very sharp looking. Of course it's a matter of opinion but there is more to buying a car then just simple speed.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Who pays 3k over msrp for a new celica? Not me.....I still have my celica man and had it for over 2 years.... The wrx is more practical and you get more for the price than the celica. At least where I live and what I use a car for it is. Why can I not point out that the price is nuts....

well its more like 1.5-2k over msrp but oh well... I wouldn't pay more than 22k out the door for a new celica. I paid about 20.5k out the door for my 2000 when it was new.

Also comparing my celica to the wrx, the looks grow on you. I hated the celica's rear end for over a year until it grew on me, the wrx has grown on me in the looks department. The wrx has awd, and more mod potential. Also handling is not that much worst than the celica. I live in wisconsin, we have snow and winter..... The wrx will own the celica in snow for a daily driver.... Just a few things I noticed with the switch.

Not saying the wrx is the god of all cars in its price range but for the price nothing is really close to an all around package.. evo8 but thats still 5k+ more... if i had an extra 10k i'd have an STI too but I mean i'm not paying 30k+ for a car that does not have a stereo lol....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Last time I checked MSRP for a brand new celica with the base options is 25,470 dollars so at 25,000 after taxes he's not doing all that bad.

I agree I personally wouldn't pay more then 22,000 pre taxes for a celica.

As I said I do not like anything at all about the subaru WRX body. The all wheel drive means nothing to me personally as if the snow is that bad I either; A: will not be going out in the wheather or
B: will be borriowing a 4wheel drive car from either my father, where I work, or friends.

WRX has more power and all wheel drive thats fine and dandy and while very nice for some really didn't mean to much to me. The celica has enough power and speed for my liking and I like others probably love to hit lift. The Celica on the other hand looks very very nice. To me this is one of the number one selling points of any car. I love the look it's sporty, very clean looking, and the interior is also very nice.

If I'm buying a car I want it to look good and while I think the Celica body is perhaps would of the best looking bodies out there I see no reason to spend 24,000 dollars on a car that will grow on me. Why would I possibly spend that much money on a car that I don't even find that nice looking and at best have to hope the looks will grow on me?

The WRX is a great car for you it seems that you enjoy the looks and the AWD is important to you up there WI. Thats great for you however that doesn't mean the Celica is a poor choice of cars for other people. Like I said looks is important to a lot of people and I don't think you'll find to many people saying that the Celica is an ugly car. I actually take back what I said earlier about buying a STI though. I would probably ended up going with the EVO for a car I consider better looking, roughly same power and handling, and is cheaper then the WRX STI.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Interesting..

BTW, glad you like the "sales" pitch - Or is it? hmmm.. I might jus be giving you a hookup so YOU dont pay retail as I see is quite the norm with you :D

j/k

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Mike00 said:
Last time I checked MSRP for a brand new celica with the base options is 25,470 dollars so at 25,000 after taxes he's not doing all that bad.

I agree I personally wouldn't pay more then 22,000 pre taxes for a celica.

As I said I do not like anything at all about the subaru WRX body. The all wheel drive means nothing to me personally as if the snow is that bad I either; A: will not be going out in the wheather or
B: will be borriowing a 4wheel drive car from either my father, where I work, or friends.

WRX has more power and all wheel drive thats fine and dandy and while very nice for some really didn't mean to much to me. The celica has enough power and speed for my liking and I like others probably love to hit lift. The Celica on the other hand looks very very nice. To me this is one of the number one selling points of any car. I love the look it's sporty, very clean looking, and the interior is also very nice.

If I'm buying a car I want it to look good and while I think the Celica body is perhaps would of the best looking bodies out there I see no reason to spend 24,000 dollars on a car that will grow on me. Why would I possibly spend that much money on a car that I don't even find that nice looking and at best have to hope the looks will grow on me?

The WRX is a great car for you it seems that you enjoy the looks and the AWD is important to you up there WI. Thats great for you however that doesn't mean the Celica is a poor choice of cars for other people. Like I said looks is important to a lot of people and I don't think you'll find to many people saying that the Celica is an ugly car. I actually take back what I said earlier about buying a STI though. I would probably ended up going with the EVO for a car I consider better looking, roughly same power and handling, and is cheaper then the WRX STI.

YOU completely misunderstood what I was getting at. My post was not at all a sales pitch for the wrx. I just threw it ou there as a comparison in prices. Even before I got the wrx I would have said the same thing that its horrible to pay more for the celica than a wrx would cost, hell you could have gotten an rsx-s for cheaper probably.... But I am not saying thats what he should have got.

Noone should ever pay msrp for a car, that is horrible. MSRP on the 2003 celica is actually probably around 24k so you ended up paying msrp on the stinkin car. That sticker price was insane. Now to use the wrx for comparison, the sticker/msrp price on my car was 26,750. I got it for 22k + tax, so about 23.5k which comes out in the end to getting it for about 1k under invoice before taxes.

The wrx was never even in my head to buy like a month ago. However when it came to buying a new car that was not a celica and that I could afford, it just had everything that I needed in a car and it wasn't a neon or an rsx-s. But as I said I didn't mention the WRX because I think he should have bought one. I don't think the wrx is right for a lot of people, infact it wasn't even right for me a month ago.

I would also like to add to the original poster here, "No haggling with this guy... just gave a great price right up front, well over the phone. ".

Of course there was no haggling, the salesmen LOVE to get rid of the car at msrp. They love the kind of people that will just pay the msrp and not know they could have gotten a better deal. Thinking its a great price is what makes the dealer very happy to now have even more of your money ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.