NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although he didn't win the car, he finished 2nd to Mark Daddio...great job, Brian! Apparently, they had a different format from last year, here's the article by John Kelly from North American Pylon:

MONTEREY, CA, Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004.

For the second year in a row, Mark Daddio has pulled of the overall victory in the Mazda Rev-It-Up series finale held on the paddock at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
First prize is a new 2004 Mazda 3.
Daddio qualified for the final round in third place but overcame his competition to take the prize.
Bryan Priebe of South Bend, IN, finished second. Third was Alan McCrispin of Tennessee.

The final round was heads-up competition with each driver taking two runs in each of four cars. Best of each vehicle counts.
The four cars used in the finale were and RX-8, a Mazda 6, a Mazda 3, and a Mazdaspeed Miata, making its first appearance in the mix.
A total of 20 city-champion drivers participated in the finale which concluded at about 11:45 a.m. today.

--John Kelly

·
Registered
11 Posts
You mean the Alien won another Mazda? How many does he need?:confused:
Somebody needs to kneecap him! :chuckles: (That was a joke!)

Congrats Bryan, good job. You finished extremely well! (What did you win?)

·
Registered
50 Posts
mazda rev it up

The rev it up was a blast! Terry Baker mentioned it was the most fun he had soloing in a long time. I had to agree.

Daddio did great overall on the weekend.

I was the fastest in practice, won the two elimation rounds, but had my bad luck in the finals. Daddio had his bad luck in the semi finals, when the Mazda 6 had trouble shifting on his second run. So that is the reason why he was 3rd going into the finals. McCrispin was the surpise of the weekend in my mind. In practice he was off the pace and the first half of the first elimation was off the pace, but then he caught fire and moved up steadily.

As far as prizes... They are nice, but a significant drop off compared to a car...

Brian

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But did you get a set of tires and a X-Box? I finished in the bottom ten, so I ended up with a couple of jackets, a bag, more hats and a couple of tee shirts :)

Sorry, for misspelling your name, I corrected it, but it's John Kelly's fault for misspelling it in the first place ;) hehe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts