NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, OK I havent given up on F/I. I have given up on the e-manage. I dislike the idea of only having a decent map at WOT. I am calling on those who have the Greddy S/C with an Apexi Power FC. I want to learn to tune this and have read most of the stickies in ECU forum. I am asking for help from those like Korben and others who currently have a working map for the S/C. I would like to upload this IN ORDER to drive to a dyno for tuning. I think that we should have these maps stickied for those who plan on S/C with the PFC. I am formally asking for help and think it would help everyone if these S/C PFC maps were accesible on this forum easily. Thanks everyone.
dank
opinons welcome....

·
Banned
227 Posts
i decided to opt out of the ultimate. i ordered my apexi pfc from mwr and will be running on the tuning for the i/e. i will install the supercharger when i can get a decent basemap from a newcelica member or from mwr when they get one. jointhe club divine, i've had my greddy sitting 'round for four months 'til i can resolve the ecu issue.

·
Registered
426 Posts
yeah it wouldve been nice to get the map from korben to start off with, but instead i slaved from scratch (thanx!).

i'm having my own issues (see other thread), but the tuner said i pretty much had the fuel and the ign pretty much knocked out on my own

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
My suggestion if you want to go the PFC route is that if you haven't actually purchased the supercharger yet, or are patient, install the PFC N/A and learn about tuning with it. ucmd03 had a much bigger struggle, even with turbo maps I provided him, because there were no good maps for him to start from. I bought my turbo kit in March 2004 and actually didn't install it until May 2005 as I was doing other things like clutch upgrades, getting a Datalogit, wideband and basically experimenting with the PFC. Hopefully my stickies can bring people up to speed much faster than I was able to, because at the time there was basically no good info out there, but all the same you don't want your first crack at the PFC to be attempting to write a map from scratch.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UCMD03, it would be sweet if you could send me the map you got so far.... I posted this because I know a lot of people are in the same boat. They are a few members that have a good tune with the s/c running the PFC. It would help out so many people if someone just made the map for this setup accessible for those who realize the e-manage just isnt an option. I have been talking to people about trying to get this done and it can be done, just isnt easy. A pre-tuned map for the PFC would save tons in cash and at least allow some of us to drive to the tuners for a better/safer tune. I might just have to run the emanage a few days just to drive the car to a shop, then switch out the ECU's then. Anyway, I hope one of the aforementioned celica tuners can provide a map to help out those in need. If not, I will forge on I guess. Thanks to Jesse for those stickies, I am learning but starting from scratch is just so painstaking....
dank
cmon Korben, miles plume or blinding GTS or someone!!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm actually going to be going the turbo path (most likely Hass or C2) at the end of August if my expenses stay the way they are. A supercharger tuned map is going to be different from a turbo tuned map as ucmd03 found out and Jesse indicated above. I started with just the PFC being N/A because I wanted to learn as much as I could about the PFC without boost and it's paid off (also thanks to Jesse for the initial map that got me learning on good grounds).
That being said I agree with you that a tuned map for turbos/superchargers to start off would be great. If I end up turboing my car I will be posting my map and results, but until then most of us will be around if you need tuning advice.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
The map ucmd03 is using is one he adapted from one of my turbo maps. It should be good enough to get the car going for anyone who wanted to use a PFC with the Greddy supercharger.

The biggest "problem" with that map is that the load and rpm breakpoints will need to be reworked.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am waiting to see if UCMD03 will send me his map or if we can have a virtual copy of it on the site. F/I is such a pain in the ass when you do it the right way. Im thinkin of just going turbo now since I might have to write a map from scratch anyway, I think the C2 or Hass kit may be as cheap as the Greddy when you factor out the E-manage. Anyway I def would like to work with the PFC, but the datalogit and wideband would have to come with it obviously. I have read UCMD03 thread earlier about his troubles but it sounds like it pays off in the end to just do it, and learn it.
Jesse, you think you could send me that turbo map just in case I dont get a better map to tune from, it would help alot. Anyway thanks for those who are supporting the PFC users. I love this site, my celi wouldnt be the same had I not found it. It would have been a riced out piece.....:bang:
dank

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TTT

I am surprised that no one has placed a supercharger map for the PFC available. Still havent found a tuner in Alabama, I might just tune it myself.... :lame: PLEASE HELP someone who has a supercharger map!
dank

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Take a Friday off from work, drive out to Houston and we'll tune your car on a Saturday.

You have a wideband O2 hooked up yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts