NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm, haven't posted anything in a while. Since I lasted posted any photos, I managed to take my event photography to a new level, and started a separate company from my fine art stuff. (even though I cross tag things to create more web traffic.) I called it DetroitExposure.com. It's owned and operated by Myself and JOHN_B (another newcelica member).

Anyway. Photos.

All photos shot with this equipment :: Will edit list upon the acquisition of new goodies::

::CAMERAS::

-Canon EOS D-SLR 5D MK II
-Canon EOS D-SLR 40D
-Canon EOS D-SLR 30D
-Canon EOS D-SLR Rebel XT
-Nikon D-SLR D80

::LENSES::

Canon 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 Lens
Canon 24mm F2.8 Prime Lens
Canon 17-55mm F2.8 Lens
Canon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 Lens
Canon 70-200mm F2.8L Telephoto Lens
Canon 70-300mm Zoom Lens
Canon 10-22mm F3.5-5.6 Lens
Nikkor 50mm F1.8 Lens
Tokina 16-50mm F2.8 Pro DX Lens

::Flashes::

Canon Speedlite 580EX II
Canon Speedlite 430EX II
Canon Speedlite 380EX
Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight

::Accessories::

Canon Battery Grip/Vertical Shutter Control
Various Filters
Homemade light diffusers (velcro/plastic/spray paint)
Fong Light-sphere Universal
Various Ring Lights
Various Studio Lights/Strobes/Hot Lights/Umbrellas/Softbox
eBay wireless transmitters/receivers

That should cover most every photo I take :D.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love your work Grim, wish you lived here so I can borrow your gear :chuckles:
I wish I lived there too! I've actually be considering a move out that way in the next year or so. Not all the gear I own, but because I work full time at a photography studio (that work I can't really post up) and I have a couple other photographers that work with me on DetroitExposure.com, we trade and share lots of equipment, so that list is complied of all the equipment I use on the regular. :D.

Mrluilou,

The lens that's most often used on the D80 is The Tokina 16-50mm..That lens is a TANK. Metal body, rubber coated, F/2.8. 77mm around. It's light considering how big it is. Perfect for carrying around events. It uses the motor in the body to run the autofocus as opposed to having a separate one in the lens itself. I'm STRONGLY considering picking one up with a canon base. Not to mention, optics are quality and the price tag is prettty cheap in comparison to anything like it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DJ image set I tossed together for a Detroit Underground photo show. Photos aimed at showing the urban underground of Detroit. The City's underground has been small since the raves got busted in the 90's but it's slowly making a come back, but it's far more refined.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new shot.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
hey i have that shirt :gap:
nice work as usual Grim,
i just ordered a 430exii hopefully i can achieve some of the same results

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was with the 580exII on a 12 foot light stand, and another 530exII mounted on the hot shoe for some fill light :D.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and here is the flyer I just tossed together for my photo show coming up.. It's funny if you're from here, The mayor of Detroit (The new one, not the one that went to jail) will be attending, so I photoshopped him to make him look like a DJ. I doubt you guys know what our current mayor looks like haa

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'll snag it for you as soon as I get the raw off my external. :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2 speedlights actually. Wireless ftw. :D

Thanks 02celica!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 new shots of my girl.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Thanks for the EXIF data!

I'm trying to figure out how you're able to capture subjects so clearly and still have those light trails :AF:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check out my detroitexposure.com site if you wanna see some crazy light trails haha. That's the styling of my event photos.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts