NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lately i cant even get my car into first gear without feeling like im gonna break the shifter off and it grinds in almost every gear when im upshifting and downshifting. I was talkin to a buddy that used to have a celica and he said his did the same thing and he thinks my clutch isnt engaging and theres some kind of rod extender that i can buy and he told me to look on this site. And the tranny place i take my cars to said that that rod could help or it mite need bled? If anyone could help i would appreciate it cause its not even fun to drive anymore and cant race anyone cause i cant shift quick at all.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Well first gear being hard to downshift into on our car is pretty common, and it happens on a lot of other cars too. Anywho you might want to have it looked, sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging. If possible I wouldn't drive the thing until you can get it looked at.

·
Registered
101 Posts
do u hear the same sound as if u were shifting without using clutch? if yes then i guess its a clutch problem.
if no u dont hear any sound and u just feel that the stick is so hard to shift then i guess u need to change the cables of the transmission which are located under the stick and going straight under the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts