NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What causes this problem that I have? Sometimes when I try to shift into reverse, the trans would just grind. And no, the car isn't moving when I shift into reverse and the engine and trans are totally warmed up. Do C60 trans have Reverse Synchro?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont think it matters whether you're moving or not.
I thought it grinds whenever your revv up those RPM's
Mine grinds if I revv even the slightest bit and shift into reverse

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never rev when shifting into reverse (the RPM stays at 800-850 when I shift into reverse) so that's not the problem.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^Cool, cuz anything from my car that I think is abnormal, I'm really paranoid. lol. I'm relieved now. Thx

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Does this hurt the transmission at all?

Try to put in some redline MT-90.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
God damn this annoying grinding sound keeps on coming back even when I tried what you guys suggest. I'm affraid one day my reverse gear will be toasted :sadpace:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I changed the fluid, tried to ease off on the clutch before shifting into reverse but it just won't go away. No worry, if the fvckin' reverse gear is shot, I'll just put the damn thing in Neutral and push it backward.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Won't be practical for daily driving. Reverse will grind from time to time normally, but it shouldn't grind every time you shift into it.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
I changed the fluid, tried to ease off on the clutch before shifting into reverse but it just won't go away. No worry, if the fvckin' reverse gear is shot, I'll just put the damn thing in Neutral and push it backward.
Yea thats my mentality too.

Make the tranny last as long as possible then swap it out when it fails.

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,328 Posts
mine only grinds if my car is moving forward or reverse while im shifting into reverse, like on a drive way

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've just recently spent sometime with the damn tranny and figured out how to not make it grind. Basically, I have to slowly, gently put the shifter into reverse and just hope not having to hear that scary noise (somehow my description sounds like my experience of 1st time getting laid :chuckles:). So far, that method's been working fine even though it's annoying. When people see me stop completely and then slowly, gently put my car into reverse, they'll probably think I'm noob but w/e. :sadpace:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
ehh..mine does that too, all i do it just put it into any gear first then push it into reverse..normally in neutral i pull down to 4th, then put it in reverse..all this while holding down the clutch..i've done it so many times now it's normal for me..even doing it w/out realizing it..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.