NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its a typical sat night...everyone want to see some race....the contenders: 95 GSX boostin 20psi, intake, exhaust and sumtin else didnt bother askin; CRX with GSR motor, intake, exhaust; and me. Went from a row and by the end of 5th gear the GSX had me by like 2 cars and the CRX was somewhere behind us and went shut it down. do u guys think that since i still have my AEM intake and TRD exhaust for GT not a GTS, would that slow me down a lil....and oh yea i have a major leak in my exhaust too.....now if i get the TPR Intake and Exhaust and DC headers and fix the freakin exhaust leak....do u guys think i might have a chance beatin the GSX?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
he has joined me in the sleepr club off Gt's with 2zz engines. Nice kill/death. As for the intake and exhaust hurting you, the exhaust isnt hurting you (the leak is) and the intake may be hurting you only slightly. And if you had Dc headers and a tpr intake you might be able to keep up with the gsx from a roll.

Its wierd though because my friend has a gsx with I and 2.5" exhaust and he walks my car and my friends gts from rolls.

Maybe its because this guy is boosting 20psi on the stock t25 in which case it is making him slower.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by ItLooksFast
well its a typical sat night...everyone want to see some race....the contenders: 95 GSX boostin 20psi, intake, exhaust and sumtin else didnt bother askin; CRX with GSR motor, intake, exhaust; and me. Went from a row and by the end of 5th gear the GSX had me by like 2 cars and the CRX was somewhere behind us and went shut it down. do u guys think that since i still have my AEM intake and TRD exhaust for GT not a GTS, would that slow me down a lil....and oh yea i have a major leak in my exhaust too.....now if i get the TPR Intake and Exhaust and DC headers and fix the freakin exhaust leak....do u guys think i might have a chance beatin the GSX?
that CRX should have possibly the fastest

·
Registered
656 Posts
nice kill on the crx. you need to get a gts midpipe to fix the exaust leak if you don't already have one. The intake and exaust may be hurting you a little bit but your biggest problem is the exaust leak I think.

·
Registered
349 Posts
GSX at 20psi only beating you by 2cars, and a CRX with b18 loosing???

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by NOrwayGT
GSX at 20psi only beating you by 2cars, and a CRX with b18 loosing???
:werd:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
crx should have owned... hard

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
crx should have owned... hard
if the CRX was way back, honestly he wasnt even trying.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but i talked to both guys afterwards...the GSR CRX said b4 the race he smoked the hell out of another GSR on the highway.....me and the GSX guy had him but on 4th gear cuz on the 2nd and 3rd we were even with the GSX in front by like .5 car......and we start pullin on him.....when i was racing i didnt see the CRX cuz all i could see is the GSX infront of me...i wish i had it on tape cuz i had a passenger and the other 2 did but then again with my friends camera skill u guys wouldnt see anythin anyway.....on the last race it was just me and the GSX....we went all out (it was all empty on the road by the way and it was kinda straight, not doin anythin stupid).....again he was ahead of me but once i hit 5th gear....i stayed in that gear for a while....i was like damn when is this gonna hit redline.....then i got closer and closer to the GSX...shifted 6th gear and we shut it down with him abt like 1.5 cars infront still.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
7THSIGN said:
good job tran! keep them coin!
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
he charging quarters per win?:chuckles:
hey gotta make my money back somehow.:D every penny count...hey George come out to Malecks this comin up weeken and ill let u drive my car....if u can drive it better then me then maybe u can race it wit the GSX guy...and see if he really beat me or the car.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
but i talked to both guys afterwards...the GSR CRX said b4 the race he smoked the hell out of another GSR on the highway.....me and the GSX guy had him but on 4th gear cuz on the 2nd and 3rd we were even with the GSX in front by like .5 car......and we start pullin on him.....when i was racing i didnt see the CRX cuz all i could see is the GSX infront of me...i wish i had it on tape cuz i had a passenger and the other 2 did but then again with my friends camera skill u guys wouldnt see anythin anyway.....on the last race it was just me and the GSX....we went all out (it was all empty on the road by the way and it was kinda straight, not doin anythin stupid).....again he was ahead of me but once i hit 5th gear....i stayed in that gear for a while....i was like damn when is this gonna hit redline.....then i got closer and closer to the GSX...shifted 6th gear and we shut it down with him abt like 1.5 cars infront still.
shifiting to 6th in a GTS make su lose speed.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
he charging quarters per win?:chuckles:
haha sorry about that spelling mistake, i ment comin lol

ItLooksFast said:
hey gotta make my money back somehow.:D every penny count...hey George come out to Malecks this comin up weeken and ill let u drive my car....if u can drive it better then me then maybe u can race it wit the GSX guy...and see if he really beat me or the car.
no problem man, ill check your car out this weekend.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 7THSIGN
haha sorry about that spelling mistake, i ment comin lol

no problem man, ill check your car out this weekend.
just messin with ya.

Originally posted by EuGeNiLe GTS
t25 on gsx? if yes.. its nothing to worry about..
u mean, even on 20 Lbs a t25 isnt too powerful?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
shifiting to 6th in a GTS make su lose speed.

well i didnt really race at 6th gear..right after i shifted thats when we shut it down...

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
well i didnt really race at 6th gear..right after i shifted thats when we shut it down...
wouldnt you need to be driving at 145-148to shift to 6th?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph

u mean, even on 20 Lbs a t25 isnt too powerful? [/B]
at 20psi the turbo is producing too much heat to make any power and is making the car slower

1 - 20 of 39 Posts