NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No adaptor needed, Dia300mm discs are for MBenz. We need to find a disc with correct offset to avoid hitting the lower ball joint. Machined to PCD100 5 holes for Celica. We also made a ring for the center hole for the disc.

The Caliper is fitted on the other side of the hub. i think you get the idea by looking at the pic. the caliper needed to machine 3mm off so the disc will be seating on the center of the caliper.

Cost for it is around US$770 (Calipers, Discs, modification of discs and caliper, labor)

Just installed last night.
Discs are still running in.

http://www.febi.com/cn/service/suche/produktkatalog.jsp?site=/default/febisearch/
Type in number 24076 for disc spec

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looking good! You should paint the calipers as well to match ur car's color since you've gone custom anyway. Props for our HK brother!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do you get the chance to test out how well they brake?? I am sure it's kinda hard since you don't really get a lot of open straight roads over there...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't try it at high speed until the discs are fully ran in.
A thin film of protective oil is still on the braking surfaces.
I have to wait until it evaporate.

Initial impression is great, graduate reponses. The more you step on the pedal, the more power it gives you.

I used high temp paint to paint it black, will paint the letters silver when i got the chance.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am still running on Toyota pads. It comes with the old caliper, so....
After driving with it a while, I am definitely going for after market pads.
I mean this setup is perfect... it got the look, and it got the performance.
I am going for TRD or Endless. I used TRD before and I think it is good. My friend has a ST205 GT-Four, he said the best one to go with their car is Endless pad... So, I am still thinking.

For the other part, yes you have to use 300mm disc. This is radius that we got if you install this. Bigger disc will add weight to the rotational mass anyway....

·
Registered
418 Posts
ok, note to use 300mm disc.

got some info that the stock 205 rotors are 315mm.

regarding the pads. do you have to trim off any parts to get it to fix into this setup? ie: GT4 caliper on Merc Rotor in a Gen7 Celica.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see what you meant. but the mounting location is different.
Their mounting arm for the caliper extend out a little more then ours.
Therefore, we can only have 300mm rotor

i did nothing to the pads.
just machined the caliper, modified the rotor, trim off the dust shield. thats it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
http://www.celicagtfour.com/205_brake_upgrade.htm
Go here to find out more.

My setup is a improved version of his setup.
As I said before, you can't use 315mm.

I found out that the hub of 185 alltrac is 95% identical to 7th gen.
The owner of alltrac use 297mm. 1 reason that I think he use the 205 rotor is because he doesn't have access to other rotors.

If you don't want to change to longer studs and add a spacer for the rotor, you must use the correct offset to avoid hitting the lower ball joint. Which he had also explained in his website.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Rocketeer offroad and performance makes a nice brake upgrade kit for the ST185 with a custom rotor with removable hat - you should contact him and see how much it would be to get a hat & rotor made for you. His kits use wilwood calipers which are also nice though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
what if we used a GT4 rotor a machined to 300 mm it would be a Direct fit right ? its the same offset etc right ?

·
Registered
461 Posts
any one please ?

1 - 20 of 316 Posts