NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
another thing, i assume so since no one is saying anything about this, but would the stock brake cylinder, the pump, support these fine?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
First of all, original GT4 rotor will not work because it touches the lower ball joint.

I don't know the caliper part number but i think you can ask 6GC guys about it.

stock brake cylinder, the pump, support it no problem. I have went to some twisty roads and I am still alive.

·
Registered
461 Posts
First of all, original GT4 rotor will not work because it touches the lower ball joint.

I don't know the caliper part number but i think you can ask 6GC guys about it.

stock brake cylinder, the pump, support it no problem. I have went to some twisty roads and I am still alive.
thanks but if you machine the rotor of the GT4 to 300 mm will it be a direct fitment or the off set is not the same ?

or does discs from febi any good

becouse here they are asking 48.99 € thats 66.48 USD deliverd thats cheap

but using does rotors it will be the same off set and no need for studs or spacers right

do you no what car does rotors are from i mean the merc car year etc

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
No, ^^^ the gt-four discs wont fit if they are milled because they protude too far backwards onto the axel area.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Ahhh i see what you mean....I'm thinking though that a spacer on the hub would help cure the grinding...?

Depending on how large the spacer is needed, maybe the caliper bracket could then just be machined down and it'll line up nicely.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
of course you can get a spacer for the hub, and that will solve the grinding problem. However, you might need to change to longer studs.
Also, there is a possiblity of wheel shake if your spacer is not balance or properly install. So, my advice is stick with the solution with the less parts for the assembly.

·
Registered
461 Posts
but if insted of taking 3 mm of the calipers we can put a 3 mm spacer in the hub its the same thing and the disc will be a litle bit away from the ball joint right

also will this fit the stock 16 wheel ? it should ft becouse the GT4 was a 315 mm discs and it uses 16 inch wheels

i also found out that trial uses this kit for the ZZT231 but they use a R32 GTR brake rotor its 296 mm 32

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Would there be any problem if it grind the lower balljoint?
lol, yes!!!

but if insted of taking 3 mm of the calipers we can put a 3 mm spacer in the hub its the same thing and the disc will be a litle bit away from the ball joint right

also will this fit the stock 16 wheel ? it should ft becouse the GT4 was a 315 mm discs and it uses 16 inch wheels

i also found out that trial uses this kit for the ZZT231 but they use a R32 GTR brake rotor its 296 mm 32
Problem of the spacer on the hub would be that the caliper would then also need to move outwards by the same amount. That would be achieved by shaving down the bracket lightly...in theory it should work. As long as somebody can afford the downtime (like me at the moment!) then I'm fairly sure this shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do.

And yes, 315mm discs should be fine on 16" wheels, as my wheels on my car had come off from a st205 when I bought them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the center ring you talked about is for the hole facing the wheel not inside the disc right ? please give me the mesures
iam going for this setup the merc discs so i do need to take 3 mm of the calipers also ?

thanks

also i could no find the drawing of the Celica GTS

but could some one telme if this drawing is the same as the ones on the GTS

is the disc hub of the GTS 132mm also ? becouse the merc was 153 mm

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
The center ring that I refer to is not the mounting face (C), it is (F) with Dia55mm on the drawing.
The one for mer has a larger diameter. This hole helps you put the rotor on the same axis of the rotating hub.

Oh yes, please be aware of the wheel that you are using too. Cause not every wheel has enough space for the caliper.
If that happen, you might need wheel spacer.
My wheels has 3cm left for clearance after fitting everything together... barely made it.

My house is under minor renovation, it is a mess right now. Once it is done, I try to take off the wheel and take picture.

·
Registered
290 Posts
lol, yes!!!
And yes, 315mm discs should be fine on 16" wheels, as my wheels on my car had come off from a st205 when I bought them.
315mm might be cutting it a bit fine in regards to ventilation. I know 300mm is what the R32 GTR ran with 16" rims. Can't really say for certain as I don't use larger rotors, but they do create a larger heat sink.

·
Registered
461 Posts
315mm might be cutting it a bit fine in regards to ventilation. I know 300mm is what the R32 GTR ran with 16" rims. Can't really say for certain as I don't use larger rotors, but they do create a larger heat sink.
iam gona use the merc discs

they are 300 mm

but note that the Celica sT205 used a 315mm discs on 16 inch wheels and they are almost completly seald you cant see the calipers most of the times and no issues for it

·
Registered
461 Posts
lol, yes!!!

Can elaborate more on what the potential problems might faced in this grinding situation?

the ball joint is a moving part of the suspension , if hit the disc it will wreck the disc and destroy the ball joint , that was the suspension moving lower arm if gets really damaged it will , supose at high speed you can have acident etc , trust me its bad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, I can't find the mercedez benz rotors, I looked on febi's website but it doesn't say what benz model and year they come from, I don't wanna have to import those rotors, I can get brembo or EBC rotors, but I need to know what year and model.

also, did the stock brake line fit with no mods ? is it long enough ?

21 - 40 of 316 Posts