NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if any gts's have gone up against a type r? if so how did you fair, i mean i love my gts but the guys over at honda tech seem to think the "R" is untouchable.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh cool, thanks for the responses guys, but it sounds like a driver race to me as well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
lets put it this way...a stock type R has a small advantage is all categories to a stock gt-s except breaking...but then it carries the R badge...so a gt-s with a CAI and LSD and some stiffer springs will be a fair competitor to a type R that is stock..LSD is probably the best thing our cars are missing..

·
Registered
312 Posts
like some GTS drivers, some ITR drivers don't know how to drive for shiet.

Should be a fun race..with a slight edge to the ITR assuming drivers were equal

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
The ITR is marginally faster, but it's up to you and the driver of the ITR to extract it. The same would be true for an autoX or road course.

Keep in mind that "racing" on public roads is not the most intelligent thing that you could do.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
I have 2 under my belt.......1 stock........one had exhaust at least.....Highway pulls from 50-60

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
oh no guys....don't dare talk about this too much. you might pull yakkosmurf in this one....haha....then it'll never end!!!!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
DnDs00GTS said:
Hey Chui, you know Mac, right? Have you ever raced his TEG? I hear he has a turbo...
Yes, I do know Mac. Really cool, guy. He left Detroit Area for a bit and I was crusing down Telegraph when I noticed a white Integra. I didn't think much of it and I pull alongside. Well, I TRIED to pull alongside. He leaned into it a bit as I was approaching and he simply paced me. We pulled up to the light and I recognized him. I knew his car wasn't stock, but I was curious. He aske me to follow him to his place and when we turned off he nailed it. He was GONE. :chuckles: And at the time he had an issue with the crankshaft pulley stake so I've never experienced the full wrath of his car.

I think he and Matt Jenson have played around a bit. Don't know which is quicker; Matt has run 13.68 in the 1/4 mile in his black ITR and runs mind 1min30s with that car at Gingerman Raceway to boot!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I never had much trouble with the GTS. My best friend had an intake and exhaust, while I had an intake and header. In 1st through 3rd, the ITR was a tad quicker, pulling away each time. At the track, he's probably a better driver since he's more aggressive. I ran a 14.4. He ran a 14.6. Very close.

The comments about stock trim are correct. You don't see stock Celicas running 14.5, but 14.9 is not far off.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I tihnk the Type R has an advantage... that LSD and suspension really helps it.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Wensday night two type Rs were at Cecil. I can't tell the years apart but one was yellow and had a 40 year old driving it-it went 14.76 at 93 MPH. NO MODS.!!! YIKES!
Black one had catback,DC sports header and some type of CAI-it went 14.3s on drag radials not sure if it had anything else.
Those cars are no joke. The yellow one beat a 6 speed GTS with TRD catback and Injen cold air(that car went 14.9 at 92 MPH). With good driving a GTS can hang with one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, give a GT-S an LSD, and 15 inch wheels like an ITR and then it will be even closer...but a drivers race none the less IMO...

·
Registered
249 Posts
i took a type R with itake and vtec controller and i have intake and trd exused and 17 i can beat thos cars celice pulls harder when u need it . hahah

1 - 20 of 22 Posts