NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
It's been a bumpy ride through my Lemonlaw triumph. What a mess. UGGH.
At any rate I just purchased a 97 BMW 328 IS. Not exactly the M3 I was hoping for, but damn close. Yeah, a little more torque than the celica (ha ha). I've already seen a simple chip and intake application that is amazing. The insurance is comparable to the celica. I must admit though, the onboard computer for all of the sensors, trips, etc is pretty sweet. I can set the max speed limit from inside of the car if I wanted (for when I let a friend drive it).
Funny thing, there was a RED GT-S on the lot 2 cars away from the BMW. I had to take a look (OK, stare) for a minute. Man I miss that car, but I'll get over it ;)

Chris

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Man, another Celica gone. The ratio from Celicas leaving to Celicas coming into this forum is amazing.

Congrats though. Bimmers are just downright awesome.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
your tagline says you see a Z coming.. does that mean you're already looking for a Z now and your'e not happy w/ the BMW?

anyway cool deal.. i'd rather keep the celi myself.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I know how you feel about missing the celica. I sold mine to get an mr2 turbo and even though i love the deuce, I still miss the brand new feeling of the celi! Oh well... I'll get over it once my body kit is installed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How long did your Lemon Law process take? I was planning on doing a similar one for my '02 Celica GT. Every time you fill up the tank it spills gas. Took it to toyota 3 times and they couldn't fix it. That's the limit in Ohio. Anyway, I'd like to know how it all went. give me some pointers

·
Registered
274 Posts
odawg said:
How long did your Lemon Law process take? I was planning on doing a similar one for my '02 Celica GT. Every time you fill up the tank it spills gas. Took it to toyota 3 times and they couldn't fix it. That's the limit in Ohio. Anyway, I'd like to know how it all went. give me some pointers
maybe you should ease up a little when its nearly full.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the 328 a good Celica replacement, but to respond to your post its nowhere near the M3, except trying to look like one. I have been in both its night and day.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
CSteckel said:
Well,
It's been a bumpy ride through my Lemonlaw triumph. What a mess. UGGH.
At any rate I just purchased a 97 BMW 328 IS. Not exactly the M3 I was hoping for, but damn close. Yeah, a little more torque than the celica (ha ha). I've already seen a simple chip and intake application that is amazing. The insurance is comparable to the celica. I must admit though, the onboard computer for all of the sensors, trips, etc is pretty sweet. I can set the max speed limit from inside of the car if I wanted (for when I let a friend drive it).
Funny thing, there was a RED GT-S on the lot 2 cars away from the BMW. I had to take a look (OK, stare) for a minute. Man I miss that car, but I'll get over it ;)

Chris
You can't set the Max speed teh car will go. You only set an alarm that once you go over it, it'll beep at you. Get ready to shell out the cash. Any mod is gonna leave a large hole in your savings account. Also, you're being a 97, you're OBDII. It's not going to respond as well to "breather" mods, simply because the computer will compensate for the intake or the exhaust. And as everyone has mentioned, keep money saved up for repairs, they are ridiculous. Not to mention better do your own oil changes (on my M it would cost me 75 bucks at the dealer). But good choice. I may be swapping cams shortly, and if so, I'll be looking to sell. They are a good mod on a 328, specially if you get the chip reburned for the M cams.

But congrats on the purchase. I know what you are saying about the celi. I miss mine. Then again, I didn't really have a choice in getting a new car.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
CSteckel said:
Well,
I can set the max speed limit from inside of the car if I wanted (for when I let a friend drive it).
Chris
How does it restrict the car from accelerating to a higher speed?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts