NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 2000 Celica GT-S or an Integra GSR of the same year. I know the Celica is faster and better looking, but is it that much better? If I can't find a good GT-S in my area how much will I be giving up by going with a GSR?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
GSR has a greater aftermarket. Its a toss up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It depends on what you like and your goals. I have both and I personally like the look and feel of the GT-S over the GSR. The GSR is much easier to land lift (VTEC) then it is with the GT-S (VVTL-i). Like NoRulzAt140 Mph said, the GSR definitely has much larger aftermarket support.

·
Registered
180 Posts
both are nice, but if you want fast the GTS now has a turbo that sounds promising(c2), and I think we have all the parts that is needed to get into the 280-300 whp. All I need. Good luck on the purchase though

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah Im in the same market, I just posted on the board between an Si with a ITR motor swap or a GTS Celica, please post ur opinions.

·
Registered
767 Posts
if its not a type R....don't get a integ...IMO....

GSR-5spd..170 hp..lots of parts
GTS-6spd...180hp...have parts but need a lot of money too

and if you count looks...the celica has more lines...

it all depens what you are planing to do to it...

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by CelicaGTSRacer
if its not a type R....don't get a integ...IMO....

GSR-5spd..170 hp..lots of parts
GTS-6spd...180hp...have parts but need a lot of money too

and if you count looks...the celica has more lines...

it all depens what you are planing to do to it...
Looks wise. I think its close.

·
Registered
896 Posts
definately get a GTS. I mean the 2000 celicas are going for a lot less then 2000 integras. And the integras lacks a lot of things the GTS has. 6 speed, nice leather interior, good sound system, handling, brakes, engine.

Unless you are planning to do a lot of things on the car get the integra. I wouldn't even get the gsr if i was modding alot, i would prefer the LS.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
GT-S would be faster, but cornering and handling... its up in the air on that one. Well, if the US-spec Integ had those really cool JDM headlights, then I'd get GS-R. Just test drive them like a few of us suggested.

·
Registered
255 Posts
gts has MUCH nicer interior (look wise), if that matters to you, i just cant stand the old early 90's interior look on the gsr!

gsr could be made faster than gts
gsr high theft rates
gts beware of misshift/tranny problems on used ones

and of course price range and condition of the car that you could find for sale is a big factor

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Zensoku
definately get a GTS. I mean the 2000 celicas are going for a lot less then 2000 integras. And the integras lacks a lot of things the GTS has. 6 speed, nice leather interior, good sound system, handling, brakes, engine.

Unless you are planning to do a lot of things on the car get the integra. I wouldn't even get the gsr if i was modding alot, i would prefer the LS.
wrong.

GSR has leather interior as well. Brakes well as well. Handles well as well. The engine is great as well.

Your point.

·
Registered
896 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
wrong.

GSR has leather interior as well. Brakes well as well. Handles well as well. The engine is great as well.

Your point.
"Nice" leather interior. I've driven the GSR and it doesn't brake as well, handle as well, nor is the engine better as well.

Thats my point.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Originally posted by Zensoku
"Nice" leather interior. I've driven the GSR and it doesn't brake as well, handle as well, nor is the engine better as well.

Thats my point.

i think norulz is saying that the gsr does those things well maybe not as well as the gts but still well enough.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was looking at GSR's also before I bought my Celica, but I had a hard time finding one that had low enough milage let alone one that didn't look like it had the crap beaten out of it. If you do go for a GSR I would suggest trying to find a stock one... it's your only hope at gambling for an unbeaten one.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by All_MTR_GTS
i think norulz is saying that the gsr does those things well maybe not as well as the gts but still well enough.
:werd: Zenosku.

and the "nicer" leather interior comment. Th celica has nice seats yes no doubt about it. But the quality of the leather in an Integra is much better.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts