NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate that the pads are on pins, I'm having to replace the caliper's every 12-18 months.

Not looking for anything special, if anyone has come across a swap with some type of system resembling front calipers.

Found THIS thread converting front to Avensis 295mm. The guy that did it said the specs for rear it was possible but looked more into it and found e-brake cable mounting was different.

Looking for something like this, just a swap for a better system. I have a GT, with GT-S rear conversion. Aside from aesthetics, I'm regretting it. Pads don't move very well and have already replaced three calipers, new not used because of seized pistons.

I have Wilwood 140-9013-D in the front so not too concerned with bias at this point.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the same conversion and I'm replacing the drivers side for the second time in a year. It drags so much, you can't touch the wheel, too hot!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Properly lubing the pins, etc. would fix your problem if you just check each time you rotate tires, etc. Bug Bitter for his tips on this...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts