NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I am new to the forum and I had a big question to ask. I am buying a celica 03 today and was trying to find research on if it is possible that a celica can shift into 6th gear with a gt or 5 speed engine. I ask this because the seller says that it is possible to shift into 6th gear and it even drives while on that gear. He specified that the engine is indeed a gt engine and that the previous owner just installed a gts tranny, assuming that the previous transmission gave out. Any ideas if driving 6th gear with that engine safe? Should I give it an engine swap to a 2-zz? How much is a Celica like that worth?

·
Registered
540 Posts
My brain hurts from reading this...

Ur asking if a 1zz with a c60 trans will hav a 6th gear? What?? If its a 6 speed it has 6 forward gears? Engine dont matter. U can take the engine off the trans and bang all 6 gears.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically I bought the car and it drives into 6th gear. The transmission it has is for a 2zz engine however the celica I bought has a 1zz engine. Should it be fine without an engine swap or should I swap it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome to the forums btw

To answer ur question quickly no.
Only way reasticly can hurt ur engine is a redline money shift. Aka redlining 2nd gear missing 3rd and puttin back in first at 13k rpm.

Thats got nothin to do with havin to many gears as findin the wrong 1.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello guys I am new to the forum and I had a big question to ask. I am buying a celica 03 today and was trying to find research on if it is possible that a celica can shift into 6th gear with a gt or 5 speed engine. I ask this because the seller says that it is possible to shift into 6th gear and it even drives while on that gear. He specified that the engine is indeed a gt engine and that the previous owner just installed a gts tranny, assuming that the previous transmission gave out. Any ideas if driving 6th gear with that engine safe? Should I give it an engine swap to a 2-zz? How much is a Celica like that worth?
Based on this question, I would recommend that you never attempt an engine swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts