NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3p0 2000 Celica GT-S
I will tell you a little bit about myself, my car, and how I got into cars. So if you don’t want to read, scroll down, there’s pics!! (Not of me, but the car)..
My name is Zack, I am 21 years old and currently live in Tri-Cities, Washington. I always had an interest in cars and doing stuff to them, just never had one that was able to be cool. (91 Chrysler Lebaron…).
That car went to crap, so I was in the market for something fun to drive, and not an old lady car. I didn’t know anything about the Celica when I bought it, I just drove by it one day and really really liked the look of it. It looked like a car that could be picked up and played with like a Hot Wheels car..
I went an looked at it, test drove it, loved it, then bought it!
Here is a picture from the day it was bought:

As you can see, it needs some love. At this point I still had no idea about cars, but I wanted to do it right. First was to get rid of the super awesome rare American Racing wheels. I bought a set of 17” MSR 045’s 17X7. Then gave the old wheels away..
The wheels looked good, and I was a happy camper!

One day, while I was out driving, I saw a low Celica that was allllll flat black. I decided to follow the guy for a while and see if he would notice. He did! We ended up talking for a while – he told me about NewCelica.org and away I went. This ended up being 2NDchanceCeli.
Next was to get it to sit lower. I didn’t know this till I put the TEIN S-Techs (got them from 2NDchanceCeli) on, but it had some Eibach Lowering springs on it already! So the Teins didn’t do a whole lot for the drop, but they made it handle a lot better. During this time, I also got a Tanabe front strut bar from him.
After being a creeper on the forum for a while, and just reading alllllll the threads about things. I started to pick up on more about the car. I learned a lot about the engine, as well as what not to do with the appearance, engine, wheels, blahblahblah… NO RICE!
After this research, I decided I wanted a Cold Air Intake (CAI). I read that you gotta pay to play, and also get quality parts. So I bought the AEM CAI. This was awesome! It changed the sound of the car a bit, and gave it some pep! I then wanted better flowing exhaust. My neighbor had a 300zx with a Borla on it, and I loved the sound - Deep and Aggressive. I ended up with a Greddy EVO 2, and am still running it today! (also decated and did some modding of the O2 sensor to not throw a CEL)
I ran with this setup for quite some time, and was originally planning on building N/A. My buddy needed me to hold on to his ‘97 MKIV Supra for a year or so, and in this time, I decided I NEED the Celica to have a turbo! BACK TO THE FORUMS! I read a lot more about turbos and learned a lot! I talked to a few people and found out what I wanted to buy, and extra things that are needed.
The original plan was to order the kit from TurboKits.com and upgrade the Turbo/ECU/Injectors/MAF pipe. While I was looking at getting funding for this kit, my oil pan decided to leak..bad! (1qt a week). I ordered the Morosso Oil Pan, and installed that baby right up! MonkeyWrenchRacing was awesome as usual when I ordered this, and was very helpful with all my questions! THANKS GUYS!
Back to the turbo kit. After getting ready to buy from TK. Malcom posted up a thread, and it had allll the goodies I was planning on getting, was cheaper than TK and was still brand new! So I got it! And it came in the mail, and was awesome! Thanks Malcom!
Here are some pics of the install: Took about 2 days to install everything, then we trailered it down to PSI (Because they have 2ZZ/Lotus experience) in Oregon for the tune up.

I was kinda sketched out about my engine with the turbo on there, and didn’t want anything to go wrong. I told this to PSI while they were tuning so they kept me in a safe power zone. 230Whp at 10PSI. Anything is better than what it was…so I was happy with it. Had to trailer it home though, because the Air Filters that were at hand did not fit in there…so I ordered a K&N one that was still a B&^% to get on, but works…
Here is the kit I have installed:
Garett GT28RS
700CC Injectors
3” MAF pipe
255lph Walbro Fuel pump
3” Stainless exhaust
Apexi PFC
GlowShift Gauges (Crap! The a/f gauge is inaccurate)
Check out the dyno video in my Sig!!!
Next plan is to get some Coilovers/Wheel/Tires and lower some more, with some better fitment than my stupid MSR’s…
Don’t laugh, but I am planning on getting the Motegi Mr116’s. They are one of the few wheels I could find with the correct specs..was gonna do Rota Slipstreams, but they are impossible to find in the 17x8.5..
Before:

After:

I think I am also going to need the Hotchkis rear camber links..
And done! Here it is with the new wheels, tires, coilovers, and a fender roll. Due the the construction on my street, I added the RallyArmor mudflaps. I do believe it adds a rally feel with the Hella Supertones and the Raked look from the not very low, maxed out coilover (New components should be aquired soon for proper adjustment.
I have also aquired a free authentic TRD front bumper. Where the bottom lip attaches to one of the verticle parts, it was not connected. My magician at the body shop looked at it and said “Oh, this is easy, get me some Fusor and it’ll be better than new!”. Sure enough, it is. I am waiting until after winter to put it on to avoid any damage.
Stay tuned.

More to come! (TRD Package and a some fresh paint!)

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As it sits right now:

My Hella Supertones

I know it supposedly looks odd with just the TRD wing on the stock body. But, I am planning on getting the rest of the package. Also, the faded rear will be getting fixed..

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like it man! must be nice being boosted!
Thanks!

It is nice, at times I feel like it's about to blow. But then it doesn't. I want to do sleeves and pistons n such and go for 350whp.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice! Keep up the good work! We have pretty much the same setup and goals, I'm doing the build (sleeves and pistons) during the winter and aiming for 300+whp next summer!

Good luck with the project! :hitit:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Wow! Great project and great progress! Well done!

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Keep up the good work! We have pretty much the same setup and goals, I'm doing the build (sleeves and pistons) during the winter and aiming for 300+whp next summer!
I would be interested to know the details of what you are doing, and how it goes!

good luck with your project. not digging the all black wing but to each to his own. boosting the celica is fun and can be a headache..lol
Thanks man. When I get the rest of the Kit on I think it will look better. I didn't want to wait to put the wing on. So far I haven't had any headaches, other than a little smoke (runs a little rich) - But I knew this would happen when I had it tuned to a safe tune.

Wow! Great project and great progress! Well done!
Thanks! :)

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, how you like the supertones?
I love them! Drivers here, and most places suck, so it is always a good feeling when they get scared when I honk at them!

Nice Subaru!!
Thanks! lol
It's one of a kind! My wheels are pretty wide, so the OEM mudguards weren't cutting it. Threw some of the cheap rally armors on there and it has helped a bunch! Subi guys get mad cuz my wheels and mudflaps are wider than theirs... :wiggle:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I LOVE this car. It just looks so clean. I normally hate the TRD wings on cars without full kits, but it looks outstanding on yours.

Couple quick question regarding the Hella Supertones, Mudflaps, and your drop.

-How hard was the installation or the supertones? Was it a simple crimp new wires, unplug/unbolt old horns, and plug in the new ones? Where did you mount them to? Is it possible to remove the red section and paint it?

-You said that you had rally armor mudflaps. Which model are they? How did you install them? Did they just pop into place with some of the plastic snaps?

-Approximately how low are you?

Sorry for all of the questions. I'm just obsessed with your car and would love to "mimic" it with my silver celi.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I LOVE this car. It just looks so clean. I normally hate the TRD wings on cars without full kits, but it looks outstanding on yours.
Thanks! :)

-How hard was the installation or the supertones? Was it a simple crimp new wires, unplug/unbolt old horns, and plug in the new ones? Where did you mount them to? Is it possible to remove the red section and paint it?
I removed the front cover and cross reinforcement bar, and bolted the supplied tabs to the back of it. This also gave me a spot to ground the wires. As far as wiring, I used the included relay and ran some thicker wire from the battery to the relay, from the relay to the horns. The OEM wiring plugs to the other spots of the relay to close the circuit and put power from the batt right to the horns. And yes, you can unscrew the cover and paint/powder-coat any color.

-You said that you had rally armor mudflaps. Which model are they? How did you install them? Did they just pop into place with some of the plastic snaps?
I found the cheapest ones on their site (The Universal Kit). I had Celica OEM flaps before, so I kinda had some screw holes and stuff ready to use. But they don't come pre-drilled. So I held them where I wanted them (far enough out to protect the body from the wide wheels) and marked where some good mounting screws could go.

http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/universal-mud-flaps-universal-basic-c-60_116_169.html

-Approximately how low are you?
As shown, I'm on the BC Racing BR series. The rear is maxed out, but I am going to order some new parts that they make so I can drop the rear lower. My front bumper sits about 3-4in off the ground.
If this helps, the wheels are 18x9et35, tires are 235-45-18 and there is about 1/5 left to drop the front. I wish it was much lower. lol
I would love to sit like this: Click Here
or this: Click Here

I will get you some exact numbers for the "How Low". and see if I can take some pictures of the horn and flap mounts. That way you can see exactly what is going on (Kind of hard to explain without pics.

Sorry for all of the questions. I'm just obsessed with your car and would love "mimic" it with my silver celi.
No worries! I'll take it as a compliment! Keep in mind that I am getting the rest of the TRD kit (Sides and rear will be 202 black (Same as the wing)). My front TRD bumper just got finished with 3p0 and a 202 lip :D !!!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts