NewCelica.org Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
haha thanks! The flaps are going to be coming off soon!

I think the snow tires are a 205/55/16?

I don't pay too much attention to them since I only use them a couple months out of the year. And have had the same ones for about 3 yrs now.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
What are the dimensions on the wheels to get the nice look?

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
What are the dimensions on the wheels to get the nice look?
I went with 17x9 with a 35 offset. My old wheels were 18x9+35 and I liked everything other than the 18" diameter.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
No rubbing and no fender rolling? Love the look!

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
No rubbing and no fender rolling? Love the look!
The fronts are rolled all the way, and the rears are half rolled - going to get them the rest of the way here pretty soon.

And thanks, I fell in love with it all over again. I'll post side pics once I get the new coilover parts ;)

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
It's pretty awesome!

The instant spool. The whine of the turbo as you pull allllll the way through the RPM range. Lift + Boost is crazy. Even when I'm not getting on it, the turbo spools up a little and I get a little "shhhh" from my BOV.

I love every minute of it

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
clean car, just a heads up when you reach the 300whp mark, be careful with it.
I was pushing probably about 300-320whp and running 255 ultra high performance summer tires and at times the car was hard to control while on boost and lift, the torque steer was so annoying.
I actually decided to sell the car because of how annoying it was, anyways keep up the good work.
and cute mud flaps ;)

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks man. I was just thinking back to when i always used to pm you and a lot of others asking for specs (i still do that for my fitment queations) and read ever post to see what can be done on the celica. Its kinda cool looking at how far its come

The mudflaps will be off soon. Wednesday of next week hopefull when I get my coilover parts in.

I figured the torque steer might be interesting to say the least. But we'll see how it goes.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Getting anxious! All my new suspension parts (Upgrades for the coilovers) will be here today!

Gonna throw the car up on the lift and remove the coils so they are ready to go when UPS shows up. Will take before and after pics too :)

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Alrighty, here are some updates. Not installed yet, but of the difference in components. Hate me all you want, I ended up going with BC Springs (Instead of swift). I got a good deal and am happy.

Here's the pics yo:

Just the difference in the spring length is huge

New cartridge on the right, if you couldn't tell..................

And the new vs old

sorry for the blur, i took these pics with a potato

Didn't get around to the fronts yet tonight. I gotta get to sleep so I can work in the morning. But I'll be doing those after work and installing when I'm off. I'll take another set of pics showing the difference in hardware.

For the cherry on top, I will post before and after pics of suspension - and they also show my new wheels :)

Enjoy and goodnight

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
So the rears look great. I'm kind of annoyed with the fronts....

Yeah, I have tons more room to lower it (If you look at the range between the mount and the bottom of the spring)

BUT (And that's a big ass but) You can obviously see that the bottom of the cartridge is going to damage the CV Boot..

I emailed the pics to BC, and am going to call tomorrow. I'm not a happy camper as of yet.

·
Registered Beer User
375 Posts
That's what I need to do with my rears. I've thought about it so much though that i'd rather just go on air if I messed with it again.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts