NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, last night my gf and i were jus drivin around late at night and along side pulls up a white gsr (a 97+ model). as he pulls up i see his passenger stare at me so i knew he was gonna go. were at a red waitin for the green and we jus roll out easy, but at about 15mph or so we both hit it at the same time and were off. i pull i nose in first, shifted to 2nd (landed in lift) and pull jus a few more inches and it stays even after that. 3rd gear same thing, end it in 4th at about 90 or so with me about 1/2 a car ahead. after the run i wanted to give him the :thumbup: and ask him wut he has done to the car, but he stayed behind me and didn't want to pull up...anyhoo that was the fastest gsr i've ever raced. i have 2 friends with gsr's (95 and 98) and they have the basic bolt on's i/h/e and high flow cat and i can pull on them pretty steady, but that gsr gave me a run for my money. can anybody tell me wut mods he was prolly runnin? obtw my mods r aem cai and trd exhaust. both cars had 2 people (driver and one passenger). sux he didn't want to pull up so we could talk, i wanted to know wut he was runnin under that hood. oh well sorry for the long post. laters

·
Registered
8 Posts
That would be my guess. The GSR is kind of like the Celica. That if you dont shift quick enough you aint gonna land in your secondaries(dual stage IM) and that will slow you down just enough just like if you dont land in Lift in each shift in the Celica your gonna be considered slow. Good Kill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.