NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
01 GT-S vs. 03 GT-S

A beautiful thing happened last weekend, finally ran into a person with a 03 GT-S with the balls to do a few runs. I talked to the guy afterwards and he said he visits this site, so you know who you are *thumbs up*.

My mods:
hondata intake manifold gasket
teamcelica grounding wires
trd exhaust

his mods:
aem intake
some exhaust that started with a "F" I think. I forget.

First run was started in second gear around 4-5k rpms when we both punched it. We were dead even until we shut down around high 3rd low 4th lift.

Dropped by his friends apartment, he now had a passenger. (prob still the same weight cause I weigh in at 250 =x)
The next few races were done roughly the same with almost identical outcomes. 4k rpm punches in second gear through whenever we shut down, usually high third, low 4th gear lift.
The result was him "creeping" on me, meaning he was winning, maybe getting a third to half a car advantage in the end. Overall, it was extremely fun (even though I lost) because now we have a baseline for future runs when we do modifications to our cars.

My only thought running through my head is thats the second GT-S I've raced that had an intake/exhaust combo and did not "significantly pull away" like I would expect. (due to intake) Im still kind of baffled yet happy with the outcomes. But, Im having doubts as to what the intakes really do for us.

As a side note I am planning on getting a TPR intake and will definitely race the GT-S again. This will be the determining factor in my mind if intakes are worth actually putting on our cars, besides being glorified noise makers.

I guess I will add a quickedit here (instead of a new thread) and mention I ran a 96-98'ish mustang (v-8), it started at the beginning of 3rd gear lift and ended just after shifting to 5th gear, thats when he really started to pull on me. We were dead even up until the 5th gear shift. I looked down and saw triple digits on the speedo and knew it was time to shut down. Another awesome race, one I will remember for a long time.

CF

·
Registered
340 Posts
nice kill / death

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry mayhem2k I just edited my post, it read as if I won against the GT-S with the intake, when actually I lost, he had the slight power edge. So it was a death / death, but very fun weekend regardless.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I love running cars that are equally quick. Also, 98 ish body style stangs were slow. GTS should take it.

5.0's and the 99 + 4.6's are faster than the 96-98.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts