NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine called me today with the news that he just picked up a new ride. He called me on the way over from his house to show it off. I of course was thinking 04 Cobra or Z06 but didn't think he had the funds to swing that. My next idea was that he might of gotten a new SRT-4 to play with. I had never even heard of one of these new Ion coupes.

So, the car had a little over 2K on the counter already and one oil change under his belt so I thought we would go out looking for some action this Saturday. Streets were suprisingly dead but we did manage to stir up some action with what appeared to be an 03 and up GT-S. It had the darker tailights and the larger scoop on the front fascia as well.

Mods to the Ion are....none, yet.

Mods to the GT-S was at minimum...cat back, cold-air, some gauges (monster tach), and Volk's rims.

Needless to say, I thought my buddy had bitten off a little more than he could chew his first time out because the Celica sounded a little mean and he was alone while I, over 230, was in the car with my buddy.

We ran twice with my buddy coming out on top both times by about a car length and a half. Both cars seemed to launch equally and the Celica driver was landing lift, good shifting, on every shift. I was shocked, little Ion can run.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
ion redlines are good for high14 second quarter miles. about the same as a celica gts with intake. celica should have walked him. they put out about the sam hp to the wheels as the celica. butttttt they do make hp all the way up to redline which is pretty dope.... i need to race one of these

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
the same engine will be appearing in chevy's colbalt SS

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am shocked how fast that Saturn is. I think mid 14s at 95MPH in good air might be attainable...

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Morris
I am shocked how fast that Saturn is. I think mid 14s at 95MPH in good air might be attainable...
From what it's rated, I would think its possible.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
all > celica

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
what size were the rims...i would think that they would be dead even with a good driver in the gts.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by Rickclarke23
what size were the rims...i would think that they would be dead even with a good driver in the gts.
the ION's have 16's or 17's i can't remember which

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
felt the need to do some whoring, anyway i beleive the ions i have seen come with 17's

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
felt the need to do some whoring, anyway i beleive the ions i have seen come with 17's
:werd:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
:werd: to yo motha!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
postiar?... :rofl:.. thats not spanish

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
postiar?... :rofl:.. thats not spanish
Replace it correctly then. At worst its Posteo.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Replace it correctly then. At worst its Posteo.

post-o whoreita

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.