NewCelica.org Forum banner

gt-s vs. rsx type-s

4K views 107 replies 30 participants last post by  21080 
#1 ·
i have a 2000 celica gt-s 6 spd. with a dc header, greddy evo 2 exhaust, a short shifter, and a cold air intake. my friend just got a acura rsx type-s 6 spd. today, its got a cold air intake and i think its a 2003. anyway he has been talking hella sh*t on me and i was wondering if i could beat him and by how bad if so? i dont know alot about the rsx. this is my first post so sorry if im in the wrong spot.

#3 ·
stop bench racing and go find out...

#16 · (Edited)
werd ive raced both....and the 05 is a beast...with my car CAI/custom exhaust same result as mongo against an 02..but my bros 05 is quick his car was slightly slower than my car with just a cai...i had a CAI/custom exhaust/pfc..then he got his hodata reflash and an exhaust and he pulls a car in 3rd....were about even 1-2...but i havent given up yet...hehe...my pfc wasnt tuned....so im sure i have a chance

#19 ·
Mongokid said:
trust me its an 06 becuase i know the person who drives that car and if you dont think so ill go and take a pic of it on the car pluse the vin # and itll tell you its an 06....
If that makes you feel better go ahead. I honestly don't care. Make sure you get a vin chart from a Acura repair manual so you can identify the 8th and 10th digit while your at it.

#21 ·
i think stock the rsx-s would win. with your mods you might have a chance if you're not a crappy driver. the reason they stopped making celica's was pretty much b/c of the rsx-s. it drove the celica sales waaay down in 2003-2005 :( 2.2L like 200-220 vtec vs. 180 1.8 vvtl-i

#22 ·
jackgts said:
i think stock the rsx-s would win. with your mods you might have a chance if you're not a crappy driver. the reason they stopped making celica's was pretty much b/c of the rsx-s. it drove the celica sales waaay down in 2003-2005 :( 2.2L like 200-220 vtec vs. 180 1.8 vvtl-i

2.0L, 200-210(depends on the year).

#23 ·
jackgts said:
You do know that they don't make the RSX anymore right.

#25 · (Edited)
Pulsar1 said:
You do know that they don't make the RSX anymore right.
yup real pity they're stopping the rsx. they're supposed to be replacing it with the civic si but to me i still think the rsx is still a better car. it's a little lighter, about 50 pounds lighter, and i think it has a better engine. i wonder if all the honda fanboys are really going to start buying the civic si. oh well lets just see how well the civic si sales compare with the rsx sales.

#26 ·
WRONG.... ACURA is coming out with something based of the TSX.... 2 door TSX or something along those lines.... the SI also has LSD with "close" to the same engine.... its a honda and you can just swap out stock parts like its nothing to make the SI better.... I think the 05-06 RSX S is still a better overall car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.