NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo i still cant get it which one is faster a stock GT-S or an RSX type S cause my cousin has an RSX type S and i have a GT-S and i think mine is faster and he thinks his is faster i have some mods like a K&N SRI an AEM pulley custom exhaust with a magnaflow axle-back. and a TEIN suspension witch dosent really matter in a 1/4 mile race but all he has is an INJEN CAI.

·
Registered
928 Posts
... and a TEIN suspension witch dosent really matter in a 1/4 mile race but all he has is an INJEN CAI.

holy crap....
you have a TEIN Suspension Witch...
:AF:

thats some JDM rareness right there...were could i get one, i bet it costs a small fortune...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
u should be able to beat him if all he has is a CAI...
i raced a few Type-s and won with more mods then that...and he happen to have the better year to... i think 04? but it was really close...

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
his RSX is an 06 i want to race but he dosesent want to cause his 2nd gear sucks

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
his RSX is an 06 i want to race but he dosesent want to cause his 2nd gear sucks
It sucks how? That sounds a bit like an excuse, someone afraid to lose. Not encouraging you to go streetracing though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sucks how? That sounds a bit like an excuse, someone afraid to lose. Not encouraging you to go streetracing though.
yea i know it sounds like an excuse but i drove his RSX and it dosent go into 2nd gear good. and it dosent stay in 2nd gear.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Ah I see, no race then, pointless to do a dig-40 or a 3rd gear roll.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
its a drivers race, i beat my brothers rsx-s with a friend driving it that didn't know how to drive the car and beat him by 2 cars, then a friend of mine that had a rsx-s for years drove my brothers type-s and we were dead even. my car had an cai and his had an exhaust. i have a 00 gt-s motor and he is an 04. ill have to get my friend to race me with his 06 type and show you all thats its a drivers race.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
it's not a drivers race with an equally modded 05-06...they can trap up to 106 on the high end with full bolt ons and tuning...Fully bolt on GTS with tuning prays to see a 100 mph trap. Highest recorded I seen was 102 (that's on the low end of a bolt on RSX-S with a crap tune). I've said it before...when a GTS does 13.999999999999999999999999 an entire thread is made about that "achievement"...On an RSX board if 13.99999 is posted, they tell him to go back and drive better or something is wrong with his car.

Just a FYI: their head flows 300cfm....and they have .2 liters on the 2zz..all this equals face rape with equal mods

·
Registered
788 Posts
:eek:wned:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
the 05 and up rsx's should beat you mod for mod. driver race with the 02-04. also for every rsx-s you beat there will be 5 of his rsx buddys telling you, you sprayed.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
it's not a drivers race with an equally modded 05-06...they can trap up to 106 on the high end with full bolt ons and tuning...Fully bolt on GTS with tuning prays to see a 100 mph trap. Highest recorded I seen was 102 (that's on the low end of a bolt on RSX-S with a crap tune). I've said it before...when a GTS does 13.999999999999999999999999 an entire thread is made about that "achievement"...On an RSX board if 13.99999 is posted, they tell him to go back and drive better or something is wrong with his car.

Just a FYI: their head flows 300cfm....and they have .2 liters on the 2zz..all this equals face rape with equal mods
i raced a buddy at the track with an i/h/e 06 type-s vs my 00gts friday and he ran .05 tenths of a second faster then me, i was right at his door pretty much, and he can't drive so that does back up your theory, he was only trapping like 94mph i believe, but it was 95% humidity friday.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I dunno I run door to door with i/h/e SI and RSX-S, I have i/h/e/basemap-hydra with lift a 6k. I only made 3 more whp peak with hydra. Considering my car is heavier than a GT-S, a GT-S with the same bolt-ons as me should be able to run like my car does. I do have more of the top of the line bolt-ons but still.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I dunno I run door to door with i/h/e SI and RSX-S, I have i/h/e/basemap-hydra with lift a 6k. I only made 3 more whp peak with hydra. Considering my car is heavier than a GT-S, a GT-S with the same bolt-ons as me should be able to run like my car does. I do have more of the top of the line bolt-ons but still.

you also have a "HYDRA" on..... throw that away and try again....or.....get a Hondata on the SI/RSX........it doesn't matter that you only got 3 more whp, even with that little gain in hp, it made your powerband better than on stock ECU.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was at the RSX forum and they give allot more props to the gts than most people here.

some with the type s admit to losing to a gts stock vs stock.

"drivers race"

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.