Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all,
I just got my Pioneer DEH P7400 head unit, and the harness that I got doesn't match the stock harness,
and I was told by the guys at best buy and circuit city that I would have to do a "rewire"

so, I just want to know for the members with a GTS, how you all connected your head unit?

THANX

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
:werd: but to answer your question, there are a couple of questions for you:
1. are you keeping your factory amp/speakers?
2. are you willing to re-run wires to your speakers?

I personally bypassed the OEM amp and the only OEM wires I used were power and ground, I re-ran my speaker wires. There IS a harness for the GT-S with the OEM amp, that info is in the audio forum though.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XYRCNCP said:
:werd: but to answer your question, there are a couple of questions for you:
1. are you keeping your factory amp/speakers?
2. are you willing to re-run wires to your speakers?

I personally bypassed the OEM amp and the only OEM wires I used were power and ground, I re-ran my speaker wires. There IS a harness for the GT-S with the OEM amp, that info is in the audio forum though.
well, I plan on changing my speakers too, but later down the road...and will be keeping my stock amp...

what do you mean "re run" my wires to the speakers....
sorry, I don't know jack about audio...

for the GT-S harness, are you talking about the harness that makes a humming sound at low volumes?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
by "re-running" wires to your speakers, I mean bypassing ALL factory wiring and just threading your own wires thru the doors and rear to the speakers.

Yeah, that's the harness I was referring to. I can't help any further with an aftermarket HU + OEM amp because I have scrapped all that, and I'm running ALL aftermarket audio, including wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.