NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking for some advice. I'm in the process of building up my suspension. But I could use some advice. I should also say this is my DD. I want to tighten suspension without making it super uncomfortable. More of a weekly comuter/weekend warrior type thing. I also want to keep this on a lower budget.

So far for the build I have planned
-front/rear sway bar
-new shock/struts
-springs
-rear strut bar (have front)
-possibly front and rear tie bars (does anyone have these? Do they make a difference?
-new wheels and tires (will get wider wheels and sticky tires)

Okay so besides that it's essentially finding what brand. Any experience from a company with any of those listed mods?

For sway bars I was looking at eibach. For shocks and struts i was looking at kyb gr2s with tein springs (1.4in) for now. Im not going the coilover route. Anyways with the kybs I know the agx are better but i don't want the 2inch drop at this time being I live in MN snow is a battle. Also the price. I've read that the gr2s are exact replicas of OEM. Does anyone know this to be true? Also I've heard
Mixed reviews on the kybs handling the 1.4inch drop. Some say it's lasted fine others say they've blown

For other parts I honestly have no idea what brand. I just wanted some Input before I waste time searching for a shotty product.

Thanks!

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
I have Megan Racing adjustable coil overs front and back and that made a difference by itself. Then I kept adding more. I've also replaced front and rear sway bars with the Eibach sway bars, and right now my front are still on the "soft" setting (two holes, two different setups). Replaced all sway bar links with Moog links that I can add more grease to if I need to and are beefier than stock. I have a Megan Racing front strut bar.

Don't get those cheap flat strut bars. As soon as you get your hands on one and try to bend it, you will see they are crap. Not sure why people keep buying them when they flex just as much as your car does. The Megan Racing one is solid round bar that didn't feel like it was going anywhere when I tried to bend it. Andy's motor sports did a video on this and until I actually bought one, didn't realize what he meant.

And lastly I have a TRD rear strut bar. The car feels amazing. Even when I put the car up on just 2 jacks the car feels solid. Without any of that, the door used to feel a little off when lifted by just two jacks, now the doors seems as if the car was on the ground even when lifted. So the strut bars make a huge different in rigidity.

I would highly recommend an LSD as well, no point of getting all that and then still only having full power just to one wheel when taking a corner. I don't think after I've done all that, especially with the LSD, I've ever felt like my car was out of control even taking a 35-45MPH off ramp exit on a highway at almost 60MPH. Even with "Prius tires".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts