NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I gave up on solving the head rattle on my 1ZZ GT. Its clearly a very flawed motor as has been devulged here on this forum. I am gonna go ahead and do a 2ZZ swap but I am gonna keep the 5 speed since it seems to be in mighty good shape. I know the particulars of the swap from reading on here.

I would like to avoid the air injected motors because the increased hastle they seem to be installing. Preferably I would use a Lotus motor because from my searching they tend to be the lowest mileage, although, there is a slightly increased cost there. Anyway, I am just interested in knowing what my year/make/model options are for this swap. Did the 2006 Lotus have air injection?

There doesn't seem to be a place where this information has accumulated as I have spent hours looking.

I have the mechanical know-how to do the swap I just want to know my motor options. I might very well just end up doing the MWR package, but the whole ¨10,000-50,000¨ mile thing seems like a sham. There is a substantial difference in mileage there and the price is the same. I dont like it.

·
Always Last
13 Posts
im pretty sure its 2003+ that has air injection, im not positively sure though. and i believe the 2002 years had a lower rev limiter so try to get 2000 or 2001

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Installing a motor with air injection or one without is no difference.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I figured out the game plan. One more question and maybe its a dumb one but whatevs. I am gonna go ahead and buy the LOtus 2zz and use the GTS harness and ECU. While I am in there I am gonna put in a lightweight flywheel and new clutch. Does anyone know if the Lotus clutch and flywheel will work with the GT 5 speed?

·
Registered
296 Posts
2ZZ swap

So recently I gave up on solving the head rattle on my 1ZZ GT. Its clearly a very flawed motor as has been devulged here on this forum. I am gonna go ahead and do a 2ZZ swap but I am gonna keep the 5 speed since it seems to be in mighty good shape. I know the particulars of the swap from reading on here.

I would like to avoid the air injected motors because the increased hastle they seem to be installing. Preferably I would use a Lotus motor because from my searching they tend to be the lowest mileage, although, there is a slightly increased cost there. Anyway, I am just interested in knowing what my year/make/model options are for this swap. Did the 2006 Lotus have air injection?

There doesn't seem to be a place where this information has accumulated as I have spent hours looking.

I have the mechanical know-how to do the swap I just want to know my motor options. I might very well just end up doing the MWR package, but the whole ¨10,000-50,000¨ mile thing seems like a sham. There is a substantial difference in mileage there and the price is the same. I dont like it.
If your are looking for a 2zz swap i would try to find a good condition 2000-2001 one and since you are gona to use your 5 speed transmission i would defenitly not use the oem celica ECU, but buy a PFC so you can lower your lift point and be able to make other changes on the motor behaviour to suit your transsmission gear ratio/power band better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.