NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no clue about the car i raced...it sounded like a type-s but defineatly didnt pull like one so ill go ahead and say it was a base model with an intake some big rims a lil body kid and black stars o the side...if you guys know him let me know he seemed like a cool guy on the road? anyways we started at about 50 i think and i pulled ahead at first then i could hear his lift or vtec kick in (hurts me to say that) and he pulled up so i was probably at his door. then when i hit about 6 in 4th gear i pulled to about even and i think i was pulling after that, unless he was just slowly stopping. we shut down a lil before 120 and i was maybe ahead by a hair i think. the road was empty tho. it was a sweet race tho, it was really close i wouldnt say me or him won it was real close. sorry for the long post

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
shwwweeeeet.... no type-s's will race me around here... if you could hear vtec it had to have beent a type s... besides you would be able to blow a base model outa the water... nice story

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh i dunno...i raced my cousins type-s before he was stock and i think i had exhaust and i think i was still on my snow tires. from a stop to about 80 the one race i was probably at his back bumper, and the one race i was maybe at his door then one race which either he did good or i messed up i was atbout 7 feet from his back...he was pullin kinda hard and i was alot better driver at the time so i think a s woulda blew my doors off...but on the streets who knows

·
Registered
36 Posts
umm a few things... to 6thgen: all RSXs have i-VTEC even the base... and this guy drives a GT so it was definatly a base RSX because he would not "blow away" a base RSX and im pretty sure a type S would beat the crap outa a GT the base RSX is a 2.0L 160 HP i-VTEC engine (not very impressive but still stronger than celica GT). and the type S is 200 hp, or close to it, so in conclusion good race, it was against a base RSX,

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i am stock gt and i think i can take on rsx-s stock;)

not blow it away but hang with it

i walk base models

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
flipnvolvo, it might have more power, but its heavier, but as far as not being able to beat a S And being blown away by it? from personal experience, i can tell u, as well as a few of us on here, the gt is not THAT much slower than an S and on the streets anything can happen. Personally, ive lost to an rsx S twice, beat every base i raced, and won one agaisnt an S, and im stock gt except for my TRD SS. on the streets, anything can happen, and two, rsx's ARE quick, but not what people make them out to be. i still belive the previous versions of the tegra are quicker n better. HP numbers doesnt mean much, now-a-days, its more about whose manufacturers 140 hp is more technologically advanced. 140 hp in one car, might be faster than 140 hp in another, even if both weighed the same. and when i lost to the two S's, one wa sby about 1/2 car and the second was by 2-3 cars distance. So, i mean, u never know, could have been an S afterall. Not raggin on u, just disagreed with ur take on the speed of a GT.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So, you are saying that your car is just as fast or faster than a 6spd GTS? It was definitely a base model, and no the GSR stock isn't even close to the RSX-S.
A 140hp in one car is only more in another car with 140 if there is more drivetrain loss, ie auto, or bigger wheels, etc. which would equate to less fwhp. A base model and a GT with equal drivers should be about equal, i'd say with the RSX a tad ahead, with more hp and torque, though having approx 200 more lbs. of weight.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
To bad you base owners claiming to be as fast as a type s don't live in south florida.:rolleyes: Im not saying you guys will NEVER beat a type s, but if you do, it is all due to the poor driver in the rsx. I only raced a celica gt once, and it wasn't even close:nono:

Oh and just so you guys know, the base rsx vs a celica gt is like a type s vs gts.....They are very close, even races. I think the gt is just a tad faster (maybe .1)

Anyway good kill!, or race,...whatever:thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to flipnvolvo even if the base has i-vtec im almost positive only the s has lift...just like with the gt and gt-s celicas. like i said i raced a type-s a couple times before and it didnt pull too too hard altho i know it was the faster car. and ive never raced a base before. the guy did have big rims and stuff so maybe he had a system and other weight slowing him down. but who knows alll ill say is it was a fun close race and anything happens on the streets...like i said tho i would probably say it was a slightly modded base.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know what you base owners are smoking, but you aint gonna hang with a type S with equal drivers.

base rsx has ivtec, yes more hp but heavier, and it has been dicussed countless times that it is about the same with GT.

·
Registered
206 Posts
RedGT01 said:
to flipnvolvo even if the base has i-vtec im almost positive only the s has lift...just like with the gt and gt-s celicas. like i said i raced a type-s a couple times before and it didnt pull too too hard altho i know it was the faster car. and ive never raced a base before. the guy did have big rims and stuff so maybe he had a system and other weight slowing him down. but who knows alll ill say is it was a fun close race and anything happens on the streets...like i said tho i would probably say it was a slightly modded base.
however big and heavy the rims are, it won't slow him down that much, let me say once and for all ... "driver" a person whould choose big ass rims on type S without having more than 250hp on our cars, you should know that he probably couldn't drive s h i t.

and again, it's most likely the BASE with the intake, you should be able to hear what you normally couldn't hear....

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
FlipNvolvo said:
umm a few things... to 6thgen: all RSXs have i-VTEC even the base... and this guy drives a GT so it was definatly a base RSX because he would not "blow away" a base RSX and im pretty sure a type S would beat the crap outa a GT the base RSX is a 2.0L 160 HP i-VTEC engine (not very impressive but still stronger than celica GT). and the type S is 200 hp, or close to it, so in conclusion good race, it was against a base RSX,
sorry thought he had a gts

·
Registered
36 Posts
RedGT01 said:
look bud dont talk about vtec motors if you dont know what your talking about... all engines with VTEC work the same... its not like the Celica where only gts has lift... with honda its either vtec or no vtec... the vtec engines cams have 3 lobes per cylinder on both the intake and exhaust cams... 6 per cylinder, when the car is running at low RPMs where it doesnt require as much air flow it runs off the 2 lower lobes, when vtec is ingaged the 3rd, higher lobe locks and actautes both valves... you will hear the vtec turn on in any vtec engine whether its a RSX base or RSXs the S gets its extra HP from increased CR and other upgrades to the head... as for your GTs being able to blow a RSX base away and beat RSX S you guys are nuts... i drive an integra GSR and i Smoke Celica GT all the time and the base RSX gives me a decent run and the type S basically will beat me most of the time and i also know that the runs between RSX-S and celica GTSs are usually very close, usually with the RSX-s ahead by a little so you guys are basically saying that your cars stock are about as fast as the GTS haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
woa flipnvolvo i wasnt flaming i already said i knew it was probaly a base cuz an s would beat me...and i wasnt sayin you were wrong i just thought the s had some sort of lift, my mistake man...for the record if you look at all my posts i claimed it was proably a base, anything happens on the streets there are alo of bad drivers out there. but probably just a base with an intake and maybe a couple other bolt ons if any...i wasnt tryin to start a flame thing...i know the type-s with a almost as equal driver should be faster than a gt celica, but in the real world not everyone is an equal driver tahts all im saying...lets just say i raced a base model with intake. sorry for all the confusion i was just curious if maybe he was on the board or anyone knew him. thanks guys
Tim

·
Registered
30 Posts
the base rsx has the same motor as the new si i have driven the new si. even thought it is said to have vtec or i-vtec or something i could not hear or feel a difference in the car. also if you look at the specs on both the gts vs rsx-s and the gt vs rsx the power to weight ratio is the same that is way it is a drivers race.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The base RSX and new Civic Si only have the high lift profile on the intake side, not exhaust. I also suspect the high lift lobe isn't as "wild" as the ones found on the Type S.

"On the Honda CRV and 160 hp Acura RSX, only the intake valves are operated using this system. On the 200 hp Acura RSX Type S, both the intake and exhaust valves use this technology."

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/at_011205.htm

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks masayver thats what i was tryin to say but not sayin it right i suppose...correct me if im wrong but isnt taht like the gt and gt-s the gt only has intake and the gt-s has lift which is in the exhaust. ive driven a type-s tho and i didnt feel any thing pull, altho my cousin swore it made a big differnce. who knows? anyways thanks for the input guys.
Tim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts