NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as you guys might remember I used my friends GTECH pro and recorded 0-60 in 6.15 second and 1/4 in [email protected] MPH when my car was bone stock. Decided after installing my AEM CAI for about a month now to try the GTECH again tonite, same road, same conditions.

Everything else is stock, spare tire intact ect. AEM CAI

1st try, 0-60 in 5.94 seconds and 1/4 in [email protected] MPH!!:thumbup: Shows a nice improvement in trap speed over stock. I'm launching at 5000 rpms btw, oddly I didn't have ANY wheelhop at all tonight.

Thought this info was interesting and it surprised me, anyways, little food for thought tonite. ;)

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
there are 2 g-techs........ the new one..is verrryyy accurate..the old one..is accurate sumtimes. it needs to be positioned pppeerrffecctttlllyyy..and ull get like 90-95% accuracy. from my experiences.

·
Registered
357 Posts
14.4 seems kind of real quick... too quick. but yeah, the 1st gen GTECH is whack. the new Competition version is bad ass though... it's extremely accurate and even comes w/ a RPM sensor and shift light!!! that's on my list after the CF hood.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Hey, I got the new G-tech today and I need some help here.

For : 2000 GT-S

1) GT-S Weight
2)Engine Redline
3)Shift Point (is it at 8200 rpms??)
4)Maximum G Limit for Conering

Thank you

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
weight about 2400 to 2500
redline 7800 RPM
shift .. on 01 and 03's .. maybe some 02's 8250 is good-02's 7800
Glimit for cornmering .. little under 1.0

·
Registered
997 Posts
Lateral G's will depend on the tires on the car as well as any suspension mods. Stock it was in the high .8's low .9's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts