1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Jetta is much better aerodynamically at higher speeds than the GTI is. He's probably got a bit more HP than you do, judging by the fact that he could keep up with you. But the aero advantage of the Jetta helped you keep ahead of him. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
"Its about time damn it. Someone can shift ! I give credit to the gti driver for the shifts"

What u mean? If u are talking about him being a good driver, well he is. But if u mean when he pulls on me in some of the videos for a second then i start pulling back, thats because my car dies to 10 psi sometimes. So right when it drops from 15-10 i shift and by then the other car is already coming back.

As for it being moroso. It was i saw the ticket and the date.
And for him having more hp im not sure about that. I know that i had no air going to my intake. Not that it makes it alot different but still.

I also got my car dyno'd last saturday. I wasnt that impressed.

19 psi- 196hp and 236tq
21 psi-205hp and 240 tq.

I did take those runs right after i got off the highway. Next time i go back i will have my intercooler piping on there with a little nitrous going through it. Hopefully it will get me to 210+ and 250+. Then another time i will dump the 110 oct in there see if i can get 220,260. Well see.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Da Kine Guy said:
Hehe, I'll add my own clip to the file when I get this sucker installed on my car:

looks good.. i cant wait to get this on my gst.. muwahhaha.. o2 dump!.. unless i get an externally gated turbo with external wastegate which then that will have the dump.. muwahha

yo kine guy. ur from the bay.. never see u on our regional forums.. links in my sig.. hope to see u come out to one of our bay area gatherings... u wont be the only one there without a celica.. at least urs is a toyota. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Drag Coeffiecent of the Jetta is .30. The GTI has a .31 which isn't that big a difference.

My theory is that his car was a 2002 which has longer gears than the 2001s. Its evident in his 1/4 mile time and makes sense on the freeway. I raced my buddies 2002 GTi on the freeway and was surprised at how nobody pulled. He runs a 14.4 and has 3" DP and 2.5" exhaust. I have 2.5" DP and 2.4" exhaust.

Basically the tall gears of the 2002s hurt their freeway runs. The only thing good is that they have a higher top speed (160 vs 150).

2001s generally trap in the high 90s, because they're at the top of 3rd at 95mph, so they usually have to shift to 4th to get any higher traps. I believe the 2002s can go past 100mph in 3rd. 2002s generally do better in 1/4 miles too because their taller 1st gear makes it a little (not a whole lot, but a little) bit easier to launch and they don't spin their 1st gear quite as easily as the 2001s do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts