NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a garret T4 on my stock 2zz celi. Of course the rings are starting to go. So what I need to know now is, what is the cheapest way to build the motor to handle 300 to 350 hp? I keep hearing piston, fuel return rail, rings and bearings? Is that all I need? Is so can someone tell me which parts are the best bang for the buck? In advance thanks everyone for your input. I truly appreciate it! I don’t know what I’d do without this site! I’m only using a blow off valve. Is there an affordable boost controller? Thanks again

Upgrades I have...
T4 garret
3” all the way with 2 rosnators (can someone suggest a muffler to quite it down?)
Apexi Pfc
MWR 700cc injectors
Bigger fuel pump.
Correct spark plugs

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
well since you have beat on this engine already, Mahle pistons are not an option, so you need to sleeve the block. then you can use any pistons you want.

Or you can buy my engine. the the very first 2ZZ stroked engine. It made 545HP to the wheels. PM me if interested, its not cheap, but its half what it would cost to build

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to buy your engine, but I know that would just be the beginning of upgrades I would have to have to enjoy its full potential. I am curious tho, will you send me more details and price? As far as my engine goes I got lucky the rings were ok. It was smoking from a leaking turbo seal. I got the Mahle pistons and new studs. Is that all I need? What is a safe boost level and about how much hp could I get? I don’t drag race. I just want to pass most people when I need to on the hwy. smaay, I can’t thank you enough. It seems every good article I find helpful you always seem to be the Arthur or the Arthur is saying check out smaays post! You even took the time to answer me. I am interested in everything you have for sale that I could use. Do you have a website or some way I can see everything you have and do? Thanks again smaay! You have helped me so so much with my celi!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not familiar with Dave personally, but have experienced some of us his work firsthand and know others who have had great things to say about his work, as well.

OP, be sure to keep us updated!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since you are in TX, hit up ddprperformance. Dave will take care of you
Well Dave is about 4 hrs from me. I have another quick question. I originally thought the rings were bad because it was smoking. It needed up being the turbo I bought was a Garrett knock off. I just put the Mahle 10.1:1 pistons in. What turbo do you recommend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts