NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could not find any docs re bleeding sequence for 4 disc brakes.

I read Hondas have a cross sequence, so I started with LR, RF, RR, LF. The first 2 wheels have less hydraulic and caliper pressure, producing significantly less dust, indicating their lines may have air bubbles,. The last 2 wheels are very dusty indicating they have far more pressure.

So what is the correct sequence?

I will try the furthest brake first, RR, LR, RF then LF to see if it improves.

Any bros have better experiences please share.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I gravity bleed furthest to closest from the brake master.
I made a bleed bottle with a med plastic coke bottle and some plastic tube. Some welding wire for a hook to hang it on. Add a little water or brake fluid in the bottom to stop draw back. Been using this for 20 years, have replaced the tube a few times

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can do a 1 man job.

I would put all 4 wheels on stands, idle the engine for hydraulic pressure, pump the brake then load a stick between brake pedal and seat to keep pressure on, get out of the car and bleed the air quickly. This way I dont need to arrange for help and can do it whenever I want. It has been working well.

I also ordered a bleed pump and try to do it without having to jack up the car and remove the tires. Just reach behind the tires, open the bleed valve, insert the hose and pump. Will see how that works.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Running the car does not increase pressure.
You could go to pep boys and buy a ‘mity-vac’.

it’s not a 2 person job properly.. but it’s definitely easier. Pretty easy my way too. The liquid in the bottle stops any air drawing back into System.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I perfer not to take an hour to do a 10-15 min job. If you really want to do it the best way is a pressure bleeder. Hook it up pour fluid in connect ur air hose and go to each wheel.

Myself i use my vacula and suck the fluid through the bleeder. However it is still possible to have air in the system doing it this way.

As i said the best way is having two people do it. That extra 45mins saved you can be workin on somthing else.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts