NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Poorer(sp) mileage, less power and a case of the knocks. You knew the thing took the good stuff when you bought it don't try to get cheap now.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Pulsar1 said:
Poorer(sp) mileage, less power and a case of the knocks. You knew the thing took the good stuff when you bought it don't try to get cheap now.
:werd:
You can damage the engine by running lower octane gas.

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
I wonder if you can play with the ignition to run lower octane on a PFC lol.....Not that I'm going to try it lol.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nova_gts said:
these gas prices are startin to break my pocket, has any one tried puttin 87 octane fuel into their gts engine? out come? mayb 89 instaid?

87 octane $2.39 X 14gal = 33.46
93 octane $2.59 X 14gal = 36.26

it's really not that big of a difference, may be when you go out on the weekend, try drinking 1 less bottle of beer and you'll make the money back.

·
Registered
926 Posts
when i first bought my gts, i put 87 in it for about a month until i was told, "you're a freaking idiot!!! put 93 in there!" after i put 93 in, i started getting a little worse gas mileage actually, so i dont know where some of you are getting your numbers from. However my car sounded much better on the higher octane, a whole lot healthier, so i stick with it. It also brought my ET down at the track

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was just asking, i never have put 87 in, my dad whos an engineer keeps tellin me day aftr day to switch, cutting out news paper articles that say theres no diff... and really the ecu should even it out, but i like to push my car so ima stick to 93

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nova_gts said:
i was just asking, i never have put 87 in, my dad whos an engineer keeps tellin me day aftr day to switch, cutting out news paper articles that say theres no diff... and really the ecu should even it out, but i like to push my car so ima stick to 93
If your car was a GT then it wouldn't really matter what octane gas you put it. But since yours is a GT-S, you need to put 93 in due to the engine's high compression ratio. If you use anything other than premium gas then you're basically killing your engine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
harrison888 said:
87 octane $2.39 X 14gal = 33.46
93 octane $2.59 X 14gal = 36.26

it's really not that big of a difference, may be when you go out on the weekend, try drinking 1 less bottle of beer and you'll make the money back.
Wow, I wish premium was 2.59 here. At some places, it's 2.98. ****ing 2.98! Can you believe that ****.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Nova_gts said:
i my dad whos an engineer
What kind of engineer? Not all engineers are knowledgeable about all topics. I'm a chemical engineer; I don't build bridges. I would say, if your dad is so adamant about you switching, do so, but tell him when you destroy your motor, you want him to replace it.

On a side note, apparently prices are anticipated to come back down, due to /barrel cost reducing to less than $65/ea.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
InSw1tchedFlame said:
when i first bought my gts, i put 87 in it for about a month until i was told, "you're a freaking idiot!!! put 93 in there!" after i put 93 in, i started getting a little worse gas mileage actually, so i dont know where some of you are getting your numbers from. However my car sounded much better on the higher octane, a whole lot healthier, so i stick with it. It also brought my ET down at the track

^^^check ur owners manual it says you need 93 in there for a gts.....

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
InSw1tchedFlame said:
It gets worse mileage.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Gundam Whang said:
Use water instead of gas. You'll save yourself a whole lot of money. Haha :p:.
my gts just runs off of pee but the only downside is i get all cut up!! :nutkickhi

·
Registered
611 Posts
if you all actually read your manualls then u would all know that a celica gt-s runs at min. off of 92 octane so priemium is not enough for the little champs u r all abusers!!(the less octane you use the more you will pay for it in the long run in engine damage and wear, too!)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts