NewCelica.org Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
You don't have access to 93 octane there? When was the last time you cleaned MAF?
Not sure. I used 94 at Sunoco until they eliminated it due to it being environmentally unfriendly. For all those years, I saw no particular advantage of 94 octane in mileage or performance.

It has 110k miles now. Around 100k I got a "check engine" light. I think the MAF was replaced and the intake related items were cleaned (EGR, valves having to do with starting? Can't recall the list) It was something like $500. I noticed no change in performance after the maintenance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if the automatic is less #4 wear prone since there's no clutch whacking the end of the crank shaft constantly? I intend to keep my Celica 'forever' or until I can't buy gasoline for it anymore. I think I'll still keep it, just park it and sit in it when I need some nostalgia.
It really makes no sense to get rid of a running car today. I can see that.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,216 Posts
It really makes no sense to get rid of a running car today. I can see that.
The auto loan bubble may burst as the real estate one did. But right now, car prices will continue to rise like tuition due to the high availability of loans.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,216 Posts
Had a chance to update my fuel log.

106,632 miles
2,948.207 gals
Avg MPG = 36.17

My most recent tanks are running in the 30-32MPG range. More in line w/what you see on fuelly.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts