NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced two times against the lightest body style hatchback with a gsr motor with aem fuel rail , custom intake, and apex-i exhaust.
First time took him on the take off and kept the lead and on my
2-3 shift i missed my gear but got it to 3rd and beat him by 1 and a half car lengths still.
Second race is about to start and the driver from the first race steps out of the car and his brother gets in it. (Friend said that the guy on the first race didnt know how to race well but the one on the second race did. On the take off i took him by about half a car, no powershifting but not messing up either i beat him by a car to a car and a half. I thought I was sure to get beaten by this car, but hey guess it was my day that day.

2001 GTS
Injen CAI, TSRM , AEM pulley, T1-S toyo proxes, 18" Axis 7's, clear bumper lenses, TYC tail lights, S2k antenna, C-1 style hood-scoop, 2 JL audio w7 12" in a sealed box, Memphis Belle amplifier, 2 MB quart component sets, Alpine head unit, TRD spoiler and body kit

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
actually it's a drivers race or a BIT favorable to the hatch. I have acouple of friends that have done this swap and 1 of them is building a t3 on it right now. He has stripped EVERY THING in that car and it is light as phuck

good win!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
well a lot of these hatch backs are not even close to their potentia speed... because a lot of these hatches have very powerful engines for the light car but they cant link the power to the pavement... they basically have to slowly accelerate or just sit still spinning the tires...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
so true, the swap creates a pretty quick car but it also makes the car more difficult to control but it does make them fun to drive :)

on the subject: good kills

1 - 4 of 4 Posts