1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.impulsemechanisms.com/pulley/gtsvsSCz24.wmv

little background

z24 w/ intake > auto SE-R i/h/p 3 cars by 90
gt-s w/ exhaust > z24 w/ intake from a roll(not sure by how much cuz he let off as soon as i pulled)

matchup in the vid
GT-S i/e vs z24 SC (to either 6.5 or 8.5 psi..he needs a boost gauge..lol)
GT-S 1 passenger(250lbs)(i need the diet mod :wtc: ) z24 2 passengers(both well under 200)

1st run i hit the limiter in 2nd, he got 1 to 1.5 cars on me and it stayed that way till we let off

2nd run basically dead even from 45 to 100

*z24 had a CEL after the race cylinder 1 misfire...dunno if that mattered

i also pulled topend (a lil) on an 04 maxima 3.5SE auto...i was pretty happy with that

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol
god...u can see that the cars are even..what more u need to see..lol

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I raced a SC z24 back when I had AEM CAI and TRD muffler and spanked it bad from a 1st gear roll. He was surprised as hell afterwards. I believe it was an RK Sport kit that he was running. I dunno about his other mods, but I know he had an exhaust as well.

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well he has a gm factory supercharger with either a 6.5 or 8.5 psi pulley on it(he isnt sure which cuz he just got it) but you probably raced one that had 4.5 or 6.5 psi cuz there is no way i was gonna pull on him anymore then maybe 1/2 car

if it gives u any idea he took out our friends spec v with intake by about 4 cars from a roll

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well well well, Im the Z24 that is being referred to in this here story.

DY101 -- With i/e I can fully see you pulling on a Z24 running 4.5psi and a exhaust.

With no motor mods, other then the S/C @ the factory 4.5psi most cars run 14.7-14.8 @ 92-94mph. Very easy to pull on for i/e GTS which traps 97 or so. Now with the 6.5 (or 8.5 -- find out @ 5pm today lol) and i/e the trap speed is going to be about 97-98 for the Z24 as well.

Now mind you when we raced I had a 140lb passenger, a 35lb jack in my trunk and a full tank of gas. As oppsosed ot less then 1/4 tank and no passenger. Weight was not in my favor on a car that already weighs ~200lbs less then mine.

It was a good race and I always respected the GTS for its top end power. Off the line (assuming I can ever find out how to get traction again) I think I would walk on him by a few cars pretty easily.

Also, the Spec V -- it was a 45mph roll and I gave him the jump. Had 4 cars on him by 100 and still pulling hard.

PS.... that vid definately sucked.

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah
its funny
on jbody.orq everyone is like...i can beat celicas stock or with a sc u should kill a gts..then i come over here and everyone says the opposite...everyone is a fanboi...lmao

yeah and my cam really blows at night

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea everyone is a fanboi. The fact that they think their car trapping around 90-91 is going to take otu a GTS trapping 97-98 is hilarious. I gave up on them, its pointless.....

If anyone wants a good laugh at their expense.....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=62080&t=62080&start=0

BTW: 2.7" Pulley I found out... which is 6.5psi

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
with the gts gearing, it doesnt take THAT long to get into lift, considering the driver can launch and drive the thing... i say the outcome would have been the same...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your right hte GTS has great gearing, but it does NOT have the low and mid range that my car has now. Im sure by the time I got into third gear whatever lead I have is what I would hold it is. This is of course asssuming equal driver and I can get traction (which isnt happening right now).

Decimate was the wrong word, and I was just getting really annoyed at the idiots on the board saying they can do what I did with their car stock and blah blah.

I mean Im not taking anyting away from thje GTS but understand that with a SUPERCHARGER i am making more low and midrange then you and will pull off the line. Its nothing too be annoyed over, I mean its a S/C for gods sake lol.

Im sure it wouldnt be more then 2-2.5 cars by 100

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he doesnt know he just put it on

but i must interject...if i suck at launching he will win, but even drivers the outcome would be the same...torque is not awd, it doesnt work that way

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Was the z24 the 2.4 liter quad 4 or was the new 2.2 liter ectoec (i've seen the ecotec badged with z24 emblems at the dealer before, thats why i'm asking)?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
sO mAnY mOdS said:

but i must interject...if i suck at launching he will win, but even drivers the outcome would be the same...torque is not awd, it doesnt work that way
Torque would actually win the race, escially stop light to light. But, it might be different at extreme top end

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
You guys are going to the extreme by counting how much gas you got, how many pounds a jack is, bla bla bla. A win is a win. Don't make excuses by stupid weight.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.