1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
wus up man, yeah thats me, i go by crazycelicagts also....

the wrx isn't stock, he has boost controller, intake, and exhaust. I just got a good launch on that run. That night I unbolted my exhaust. The driver is pretty good, he beat camaros and what not. I just happen to get a good launch whereas him it was a descent launch. The wrx gains most of its distance at the start because of the awd but after that the gts topend comes into play. All I did was kept up with him on the launch and from there it was over. He usually gets me about 1-2 cars right at the start and I would pull after that. In that video, the flagger is on this board. His SN is Eugenile. That video is about a year old. Man those were the days. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
i believe that the wrx's driver doesn't know how to drive
if he perfectly launched the car at the beginning, it will be more than 2 cars lenght
i'm not saying that GTS is bad, it's just we all know how good the WRX is with a good driver

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
guys i know its great to be like oh the wrx driver sucked and **** but dude... a win is a win it doesn't matter what way you look at it. Quit your bitchin.... btw that 2 cars is a perfect launch... the video showed what an "average" launch looks like :) who the **** cares :) hehe

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well unless the celica was on drag radials or slicks that wrx owner cant launch. Like awd owns a fwd car out the hole.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
slowjetta1.8T said:
Well unless the celica was on drag radials or slicks that wrx owner cant launch. Like awd owns a fwd car out the hole.
well i think everyone knows that AWD will take FWD car from the launch anyday if its launched properly. Thats the main advantage of AWD cars is the launch but after that it dies down unless you have a lot of mods for topend. The AWD system becomes a burden at high speed. And to answer your question, I wasn't on drag radials or slicks, :p I don't claim I can beat all WRX out there but I can put up a good fight with one that isn't highly modified. :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
exotic performance said:
mirconrice how do you launch your car?
on stock tires and stock suspension, i launched at 4500-5000 dumping the clutch. However now that I got a different set of tires (yokohama es100) and kyb shocks with skunk2 coilover, i have to re-learn my launch technique. It appears launching the same way as before isn't the same. I never slip the clutch, I always have dump it on every single launch I do. I have about 76k on my car and my clutch is still going strong but i'm hoping it will hold until i get my header in and go to the track.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
no wheel hop, i do get some wheel spin but it stops right before crossover of 6k. I just have to vary it from each launch depending on how its grabbing and what not. If it doesn't stop spinning by the time crossover hits, its gonna spin all the way to redline....thats the trick with dumping the clutch, you have to find the sweet spot, :) and thats just from practicing and knowing your car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i dump the clatch that high and i dont get will hop either, but i get some spinning

·
Registered
175 Posts
"dude stfu

quit ya bitchin"

Why would i be bitchin? It aint my race. I am just saying that awd owns u off the line. A stock wrx will own u off the line. He didnt get a good launch against the cel. Did the cel try racing the camero? If he did, did he take it off the line?? Sorry but the only way a fwd car will take an awd car is unless the fwd is on dr's or slicks or the awd cant drive. Just the facts. power to 4 wheels will take off better than 2.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.