NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im doing my auto to manual swap in my GT, currently I’m leaving the 1ZZ engine in it and I’m using a 5spd tranny, can I use a 2zz harness, that way later on when I do an engine swap it’s already there for the 6speed and lift. If I can use it will the manual gt ECU work or would I need a Manual GTS ECU for it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With a Manual transmission, the harness and engine do not matter. I have Put a 6 speed in a GT 1ZZ car and put a 5 speed in a 2ZZ car with no change in harness or computer.

When going from Auto to Manual you definitely have to change the ECU to match the motor. 1ZZ Auto, 1ZZ manual, 2ZZ Auto, or 2ZZ manual. I am not certain if you can use a GTS harness with a GT ECU or vice-versa.

I think there is some changes in 2003 on the GTS that requires a correct ECU to match the sensors also, but it has been many years since I’ve owned and worked on a Celica. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Good luck!
Tim

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yes you can use the GTS harness but you have to change the pins on the TPS sensor. My guide on installing a 2ZZ in a GT covers that. and you must use the right ECU, 2000-2001 single wire knock sensor, the 02 is a 2 wire. dont get 03 because of air injection

1 - 5 of 5 Posts