NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to replace my intake manifold on my 00 GT and i saw the Gude Performance one around alot, Its ported, not plastic (perfect). I have seen 3 Manifolds for sale (Gude, Weapon R, and some other company) if anyone has ever done a IM swap on a 1zz could you spare some info??

Thanks,
RR

·
Registered
177 Posts
Isn't DD Intake Manifold the manifold of choice on these forums? Or it may be just for GTSs :>

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't DD Intake Manifold the manifold of choice on these forums? Or it may be just for GTSs :>
Yea, thats my problem. everyone talks about DD IS THE BEST, yea but they dont make a Mani for the 1zz. Only 2. And i havent found a Thread that talks about one for a 1zz yet :marky:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Yea, thats my problem. everyone talks about DD IS THE BEST, yea but they dont make a Mani for the 1zz. Only 2. And i havent found a Thread that talks about one for a 1zz yet :marky:
I think cause nobody cares for the 1zz here :/

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
If the Gude manifold is anything like the metal non-VVT-i 1ZZ manifold you are going to waste your money. That manifold is only good for F/I.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think cause nobody cares for the 1zz here :/
I know they dont :'( but i only have enough money to add parts to my 1zz
No moneys for a 2zz.

I need to find out because i dropped a screw driver lifting my hood and it put a hole in my Manifold, so i told myself, whats the point of buying a new OEM one:bang:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Ouch. Yeah, you're in a bad spot. Keep doing your research. Sorry to hear. The good news is that you should be able to find a used stock manifold if need be.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
thats one heck of a screw driver

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Check the for sale section, maybe someone is selling 1ZZ stuff. Other than that I would check a local junkyard.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check the for sale section, maybe someone is selling 1ZZ stuff. Other than that I would check a local junkyard.
But couldnt i gain a little HP with a Ported Mani???:AF::AF::AF:

·
Registered
109 Posts
The amount of performance difference you'd see between different intake manifolds is negligable unless you are going forced induction. The money it would cost would be worth using elsewhere for greater gain. Just find a good condition used OEM manifold and call it a day.

·
OT denied ;(
847 Posts
2zz intake manifold + adapter?

^^ I was considering going this route on my 1zz before it spun a bearing. Those that have done it said there were noticeable gains but you run a little rich...I ended up swapping out to a 2zz since I had to replace the motor anyways...

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
To clarify, we don't make a 1ZZ manifold primarily because it's a lot of time and money to develop one, and I was not willing to spend that much on dyno time for one when I was getting my own dyno anyhow. Now that we have a dyno, we will likely develop manifold and some other parts for the 1ZZ in time.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Please do it'll save me the time and money trying to get a 2zz intake manifold to fit
If we do it will probably cost $1400 plus a TB like the 2ZZ one. Is that a problem for you?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts