NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that tirerack.com has SSR Competition's in gunmetal w/stickers and in silver w/o stickers. I'm going for a JDMish clean and somewhat of a "stockish" look on my red celica. I want my interior to be black with some red if that adds to the overall decision. This will be going with a true Veilside bodykit. What color do you think would go best with this kinda setup? Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Red w/ Gunmetal looks sweet! :D The only color car that has trouble pulling gunmetal off is silver imo.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
the decals are given to you so you can put them on the rims yourself. doesnt matter which color you get

i would go with gunmetal, looks really nice with the polish lip. wait... i did :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
hellr said:
Red w/ Gunmetal looks sweet! :D The only color car that has trouble pulling gunmetal off is silver imo.
I think that yuo are in the minoirity about gunmetal on silver. In my opinion, silver on silver looks odd because if they match, it looks to monochromatic and if they do not it looks like a mis-match. I am with:
StreetFighter said:
I have gunmetal on my car and it's silver :fawk:
I think that Sups will agree!

BTW- no offense intended, just offering a counterpoint.

Back to topic:

GUNMETAL!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
phenryiv1 said:

I think that yuo are in the minoirity about gunmetal on silver. In my opinion, silver on silver looks odd because if they match, it looks to monochromatic and if they do not it looks like a mis-match. I am with:

I think that Sups will agree!

BTW- no offense intended, just offering a counterpoint.

Back to topic:

GUNMETAL!
of course i agree :D

for the gunmetal, i really like the contrast of the 2 colors. 4b had a red celica with 18 inch ro_ja formula 5s(the one with the polish lip). search for his car. tho the ro_ja rims are a lot darker, but its still basically the same idea. looks really nice

·
Registered
245 Posts
how can you say a "stockish look on my red celica" when your getting the veilside kit?!?! o ya by the way i like silver best but gunmetal might look sweet on red

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mtime04 said:
how can you say a "stockish look on my red celica" when your getting the veilside kit?!?! o ya by the way i like silver best but gunmetal might look sweet on red
Haha... good point. I didn't know how to explain it. I guess no carbon fiber hoods or ricey stickers on my car is what I was talking about ;) Thanks for all your help guys. Now my next questions, what would be the perfect tire size for the 18's on Veilside? And are Yokohama Parada Spec-2's pretty sticky tires? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts