NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Toyota Celica GTS and when I fill it up with gas when I take the nozzle out it sounds like there's gurgling coming from my gas tank. Does anybody know what this means and is it bad and what can I do to fix it? I appreciate any help I can get on this one because I've never experienced it before.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
Normal. Pump shuts of when it detects backflow. There's still air in the tank unless you fill it to the top of the inlet (not really recommended). So, you hear what is in the inlet gurgling into the tank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal. Pump shuts of when it detects backflow. There's still air in the tank unless you fill it to the top of the inlet (not really recommended). So, you hear what is in the inlet gurgling into the tank.
But I feel my car up to the top I feel my car up all the time and this is the very first time I've ever heard the gurgling.

·
Registered
355 Posts
But I feel my car up to the top I feel my car up all the time and this is the very first time I've ever heard the gurgling.
Stop doing that for a bit and see if anything changes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the car is running like normal, there's no fuel dripping from the tank or filler neck it's doubtful there's any issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts