NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the way back from my gf's I came across a multi-lane crash that just happened on the 60 east in Montebello. A Teg(?) was spun out 180 in the middle of the freeway along with several other cars. What sucked was that 911 would not pick up for several minutes. Whoever was driving faster than 80+ would have not seen the wreck and would have plowed right into the wreckage. Unfortunately while I was on the phone trying to reach 911 dispatch some ricer in a Honda did.

I don't know to what extent the injuries were because I left as soon as CHP arrived (only to get pulled over and asked why I was on the side of the road...he let me go when I told him I was on the phone with 911 and checking up on the other cars).

Further up the 60 at Diamond Bar there was a fatal (otherwise why would they shut the fwy).

If you're gonna use a freeway as your personal drag strip, remember to use your head wisely and don't end up like the other twisted heap of metal I saw...

Edit: Just heard that the Diamond Bar wreck was a DOUBLE fatality. :eek:

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I just ignore people that wants to race me on teh fwy. There's a Clubrsx member died because of illegal racing....check out racing stories forum.

·
Registered
374 Posts
try #77 next time.. i heard that goes to CHP

·
Registered
687 Posts
xav3x said:
try #77 next time.. i heard that goes to CHP
on cell phones, dialing 911 automatically goes to the CHP, because they figure people use it to call for help on the freeways the majority of the time. people are pretty good at reporting stuff, I always call when I see fire on the side of road, tree in road, etc. but someone got to it before me.

yea I personally witnessed an integra do a 90 degree swerve onto side of highway over exit... it was scary... good thing is no one was hurt

·
Registered
480 Posts
Racers arent the only stupid people out there.

I was cruising along the West 10 around 10pm on a Sat and some car a few lanes right of me pulled hard to the right becuase he/she didnt want to miss the exit. Unfortunately, the driver over corrected trying to straighten out or hit a slippery section of gravel/dirt the the little triangle area that divides the offramp and the freeway. Brakes lock up and the car begins fishtailing before jumping back into the right lanes of the freeway. Luckily for the driver (and other drivers) I didnt hear any metal crunching even though traffic was mildly dense but everyone was doing over 70mph.

As soon as I saw that car lose control, I got my ass over to the left lanes and it was a good thing too. Some people...just gotta get to that exit cuz they're too damn lazy to get off at the next exit and just double back.

·
Registered
687 Posts
yes, alpha subzero has now upgraded his radar detection ...sponsored by Radio Shack! NO MORE TICKETS!!! WOOT!

·
Registered
374 Posts
oh shizzle!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
h0l0grafik said:
yes, alpha subzero has now upgraded his radar detection ...sponsored by Radio Shack! NO MORE TICKETS!!! WOOT!

Maybe if he just obeys the speed limit and drives with care he wont get a ticket. Cops do not pull over stock celicas if they not doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Iceman said:
Racers arent the only stupid people out there.

I was cruising along the West 10 around 10pm on a Sat and some car a few lanes right of me pulled hard to the right becuase he/she didnt want to miss the exit. Unfortunately, the driver over corrected trying to straighten out or hit a slippery section of gravel/dirt the the little triangle area that divides the offramp and the freeway. Brakes lock up and the car begins fishtailing before jumping back into the right lanes of the freeway. Luckily for the driver (and other drivers) I didnt hear any metal crunching even though traffic was mildly dense but everyone was doing over 70mph.

As soon as I saw that car lose control, I got my ass over to the left lanes and it was a good thing too. Some people...just gotta get to that exit cuz they're too damn lazy to get off at the next exit and just double back.
A lot of people don't think when they drive. I never try to cut through those areas between the exit and the main road because you don't know what's on their and they are always dirty.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
h0l0grafik said:

WTF? :rofl:

Unfortunately none of those won't do any good if the cop isn't using radar to begin with.

At least I wasn't clocked for going 130+ ;) ...

·
Registered
43 Posts
ITs people in general that cant drive sometimes... people just dont care about other people.. and it sux... becuase it is always the innocent people that get hurt or killed..

so to everyone drive safe!

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Watch out for the Momos. Ive been almost killed by Motorcycle Cops goin 100+ no lights on cutting me off on the freeway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts