NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with H7 projector bulbs install HIDs??? If yes than did you guys/gals ever use the black adapter piece that was used to hold the halogen stock bulbs in place? Heres what im talking about:

This black plastic adapter piece plugs into the back of the stock H7 bulbs to hold it in place for the metal prongs to lock in.

I installed some HIDs on mines but it seems to be pointing the beams in odd directions(upward). I didnt use these adapters. I simply had the metal prongs hold the rubber grommets that came in back of the HID bulbs. Had some input from another member but just wanted to see if anyone else did something different. Can anyone give me tips on how to properly install my HIDs? Imma newb to this HID/H7 stuff. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I did NOT use that piece. I found I couldn't get mine to fit in the wire holder without modding it and I didn't want to do that in case I switched back to normal bulbs. I found a little rubber grommit thing around the house that I could use to keep the bulb pointed in the right direction, otherwise it rattled around too much.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I just rebent the clip in order to get it to fit around the HID bulb. Worked out just find and no wiggling so far =)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guy216, yeah that's what I did for now to hold the bulbs in the housing. During foggy nite driving tho I can see the beam point in weird upward direction vs the stock w/ adapter piece

Wakerider, that was another suggestion another member here gave me and he said it works fine with no wiggle or play in the socket housing...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
my ebay HID h7 fits right in... somehow i just use the metal clip in the headlights to clip it in... i don't know how i got it to fit in but when i put in the H7, i just mess around with the clip and try to clip it back in and got it in. i think it moves around sometimes, but barely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.