NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this guy in a Boxster was giving me a really hard time. Was on my ass for like 5 minutes. Finally I downshifted into 4th and let him get next to me. He nodded at me and we took off. Man its a shame he paid that much money for that car. Wasnt much of a race. We went to 110 but he was way behind me. At least he pulled next to me and smiled then took off.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i remember when i took care of a boxer S on the freeway, some guy in a suit maybe mid 30's. took care of him all the way to 120 on the freeway with my buddy in the car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
yeah, why dont you take him up to 160 mph that is there top end on boxter S...i bet your car wont do more than 150

·
Registered
493 Posts
i am just kidding...that would be way too dangerous..hehe

·
Registered
493 Posts
and your mods don't say how you can beat a 260 hp car with more torque and better handling

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am at 310 Fly wheel apprx.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
F22-Raptor said:
DUde Boxters are a wannabe Porsche they are not fast...
I wouldn't say it sucks, It wasn't made to be a stop light racer and I was definately over matched by his Rex but, It still looks like A pretty nice car.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a beautiful car. Wish I had one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are dumb. Boxsters are slow. ? 13.8 isnt slow in my book. Hit a road course with a modded gts and a stock boxster s and get ready to see taillights. Im not even a porsche fan but grow up. And again its not a wannabe porsche. Have you ever driven one. I have driven several carrera's and boxsters. They are extremely similar and in no way is it a wannabe.
And by the way the 1st boxster with 201 hp still did 14.7 1/4 so sh.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Wow I was just called dumb by a person with "I hate Torque" as a screen name. I will just rest with that. On a personal note I believe if you spend 50k on a car it should no be able to be beat by a 23k stock car when Porsche is supposed to be synonomus with performance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Um ok. Lets begin this. If this world was perfect. A porsche would cost 25 k. But it doesnt. So live with it. I agree the type s or wrx is a better bang for the buck. Secondly about my member name. In a past post someone also made a reply about my name. And the name is just for kicks. Yes i do know that torque x rpm = hp. Dont worry. Its just for kicks. As for 14 second civics. All i know is when you cut 2-3 seconds off a cars original 1/4 thats not that bad. Especially when spending minor money on it. Buy a 3k civic with a d series. Spend 1-2 k on it. WITHOUT spraying and you will have 14's. Spray and 13's are a joke.

By the way your argument about the price of cars and there performance will never end. Why does a 20-25k 8 cyl camaro whip your 23 k type s. Because its purpose built for 1/4 and thats about it. Little things in the porsche add up. I agree not to 50 k, but they definately add up.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Well we agree on the not adding up to 50k. I wouldn't mind owning a porshche but if someone gave me a boxter I would sell it. I was referring to the WRX btw. About the civic sure that is nice cutting 2-3 seconds off the car but why would you start with a 17 sec car to begin with?? Yes I agree the war about performance and price will never end. But porsche is resting on its name and semi decent performance. I don't want to look like a porsche without being able to back it up if need arose especially when for 15k more I can get a 911.

·
Registered
156 Posts
WRXs have ****ty 4th and 5th gears.... I would be very surprised if a manual Boxter S lost to a WRX on the top end. Maybe with a much bigger Turbo.. etc. But NOT on the stock Turbo.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
4th isn't terrible but 5th is. My Celica has a better 5th than the WRX that being said I don't think you would get to 5th in most tracks or 1/4 or street racing. Unless it was on the HW. BTW not necessarily a bigger turbo as much as a better turbo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts