NewCelica.org Forum banner

Halo Gone Bad

4K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  02GTS518 
#1 ·
So I bought a set of aftermarket headlights with halos a few months back and one has already gone out. Does anyone know where I can find a GOOD set of replacements? Cost isn't really a factor I just want a quality product.

Thanks,

AZgts

#2 ·
Those halo are very crappy IMO. If you find out where to get a better replacement, and much stonger halo. Let me know.

#4 ·
Lol yes they are Jin, I mean I LOVE the styling to the headlights, overall the light projection with the bulbs they came with is great but man I was disappointed when I walked outta the garage and saw one was already out. I definitely want to find some much strong and brighter halos to replace the set, I figure I might as well do them all at the same time.

#7 ·
What is the best way to go about doing so and where can I find QUALITY replacements? Will I need to open the headlight casing to get to the old led lights?

#6 ·
i will sell you mine for 80 plus shipping brand new condition besides top tab is broken on right side headlight. pm m e

#9 ·
maybe replace with CCFL? thats what im planning to do...ive made a thread on it in this section but im not sure of the size.
Do you know what LED's are brighter than the ones that your uni came with? I was thinking if I dont do CCFL I want to at least upgrade the LED bulbs to brighter ones

#10 ·
I agree Gat, I just don't know if the CCFL size is right either. I def will be upgrading for brighter ones as well. I really just want something that is quality and will last for awhile. These are the current headlights I have installed on my celi.

The top LEDs are really bright but the halos just dont do it when the headlights are on, look fine with them off... :/

#14 ·
dash said he cant supply kits for the ccfl upgrade seperately which kinda sucks.

so surely people must have upgraded the LED's in the Halo's because a lot of people have commented on how dull they are?

does anyone know what bulbs I need anyways? SMD's even? im really not sure and any light shed would be greatly appreciated.

thanks very much! :)

#27 ·
These are brighter than my oem ones btw....
Loving that foreground lighting? If I could take a guess, I would say that they are "brighter" for oncoming traffic as well.

Do a comparison between stock and these lights up against a wall. Maybe then you will see the light.

If they last me 2 years I'm happy.
Why would you buy something for your car that only lasts two years?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.